Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garmin express sync failure, but does actually sync.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin express sync failure, but does actually sync.

Every time I connect my watch, the little popup window tells me that 'sync error failed', but actually it did work. I go to Garmin Connect and it's all there.
    1 out of 10 times maybe I do get sync completed message.

Why is this??

It's probably because Garmin Express tries two-way syncing. Sync from watch to Express succeeds and sync from Express to watch fails.

What device are you syncing? I had a similar issue with a Garmin Swim. Activities from the watch were synced without issue, but when Garmin Express tried to sync user setting to the watch I always got an error, because the Garmin Swim was incapable of receiving user settings from Garmin Express and somehow Garmin Express was not aware of that.
    Current: nuvi 255, eTrex 30, Forerunner 310XT, Forerunner 735XT, HRM-Tri, HRM-Swim, SDM4, Virb Elite
    Retired: eTrex Legend, Swim

Comment

Every time I attempt to sync my Edge 1000 in GE I get a sync failure and the log file CoreServiceDetailed.log file contains the following entry. Does anyone with a techie insight have any idea what I need to do in order to sort it?

Cheers

2017-11-30 18:31:17.2255 | 20 | W | An exception occured that is getting sent to the client.
      System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: There was an error reading from the pipe: Unrecognized error 109 (0x6d). ---> System.IO.IOException: The read operation failed, see inner exception. ---> System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: There was an error reading from the pipe: Unrecognized error 109 (0x6d). ---> System.IO.PipeException: There was an error reading from the pipe: Unrecognized error 109 (0x6d).
      at System.ServiceModel.Channels.PipeConnection.OnAsyncReadComplete(Boolean haveResult, Int32 error, Int32 numBytes)

Comment

I have the same issue with Fenix 5.
        Moreover, I have updated watch version to rc 7.0 but express still shows me that my watch is on the 6.0

Comment

Originally posted by RichardLeiser View Post
          Every time I connect my watch, the little popup window tells me that 'sync error failed', but actually it did work. I go to Garmin Connect and it's all there.
          1 out of 10 times maybe I do get sync completed message.

Why is this??
          I see the same problem with my Edge 1000, and it results in the same rides appearing two or three times in Garmin Connect. Every couple of weeks I go into activities in Connect and delete all the duplicates and triplicates that are there...

Comment

I have similar issues with my Edge Touring Plus (latest version GE, Windows 10 Home 64bit). Sync of activities to Garmin Connect is ok and without doubles in GC. But in the other direction when GC tries to sync device | user settings through GE to the Edge Touring it fails with a red error banner "There was an error syncing with Garmin Connect.". Why does GE try to sync user settings to the Edge Touring from GC? I would prefer the other way around - when I change a user setting on my device then GE should upload these changes to GC. In my opinion this would solve the sync-issue.
            My other device - Garmin Edge 800 - syncs without issues.
            There are many reports about the recent sync issues with GE and Garmin should be aware of them in the meantime...
            Last edited by bikepc01; 12-06-2017, 03:13 AM.
            Colorado 300 HR / Edge 800 HR+CD / Edge Touring Plus HR

Comment

For a possible solution see: https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into...-solution-here
              It worked for me!
              I clicked the blue dot (Devices and Sync status) in the right top corner and deleted all entries in the sync-que of GC, except the map update. Then started Garmin Express again and no sync error message anymore! Thanks for the tip.
              Note that I have not any third party App installed and do not use GC Mobile.
              Colorado 300 HR / Edge 800 HR+CD / Edge Touring Plus HR

Comment

Working...
              X