No announcement yet.

Is Garmin Express for Honda same?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Garmin Express for Honda same?

I am in the process of getting a new Honda Civic and was wondering if the Garmin Express used for Honda the same as the one that I use for my Nuvi?

Yes. I've updated the map in my 2016 Pilot using Garmin Express via a USB thumb drive. You need to leave the engine running, but it doesn't take as long as it says in the instructions you'll find at https://honda.garmin.com/honda/

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Schinder!....
      I also noticed on the Honda's Device screen there's a Travel History option. Does this give a way to transfer the Garmin GPX file containing the GPS data as well as the Saved Locations (waypoints) to a flash drive?

Comment

A quick check doesn't show any indication, all I could do was to turn travel history off (which I didn't). But Garmin has this annoying habit of hiding UI, and my thumb drive wasn't plugged in, so it may be possible but hidden. There doesn't seem to be any way of using travel history on the console itself, so there must be some reason that travel history is being stored. I can't find my thumb drive at the moment (bought one of the tiny ones), so I can't just plug it to a computer in and see if there's something there. The built in GPS can certainly write to the thumb drive; it sets up the initial Garmin file structure on the drive when you first plug it in to the proper port in the car.

Comment

Perhaps the software version may be different. The attached photo shows the Travel History option.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I see, and you can either select the check box or deselect the check box. I don't see any way of actually using the travel history on the console. It's not like a Nuvi where you can plug in into a computer and rummage around in the filesystem to find things.

Comment

That's unfortunate. I use my Garmin Nuvi data to help me tag my photos by downloading the GPX file and using a 3rd party software to view the GPS data and my photos which I can then assign GPS location.

On the Honda I think there's also a setting under Map Layers that you can display the Trip Log.

Thanks for your assistance!

Comment

Working...
              X