No announcement yet.

WatchApp: pmTriathlon

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TEEPROO View Post
    Ok, just to clarify, meaning functionality not implemented by Garmin in the API? I just got my VA, so haven't had time to read everything on the forum yet, but I recall seeing a reference to the next API version, due in September, that would include accessing user settings. So you are just waiting for this and will enable the code when/if it's possible in the next API version then?
    No, this isn't related to Garmin; the data field options are purely waiting for me to get some free time to code. The only thing Garmin related is accuracy of recordings, in particular the swimming.

As for speed vs pace on the bike, well, the rest of the world uses speed ;-)
    Well... you're all wrong

Again, got my VA for running and pool swimming, but getting a triathlon mode in a watch half the thickness of other tri watches is just fantastic. Thank you!
    You're welcome

Comment

"Confirm" button for next stage?

Originally posted by JASEHUSS View Post
      So does this app track the swim with gps ie suitable for openwater triathlons, or does it effectively use a method similar to the standard swim app, ie suitable for pool based triathlons
      I used it for a 70.3 recently and the swim seems to look pretty accurate on the GPS map. The only thing I did which was regrettable was accidentally press the side button during the ride (by my wrist being bent back on the bike section) which pushed me on to the T2 with no "undo".

Pmprog: could you consider a "confirm" touch screen button after you press the side button?

Comment

Originally posted by prhosford View Post
        Pmprog: could you consider a "confirm" touch screen button after you press the side button?
        I've logged the issue here
        https://github.com/pmprog/pmTriathlon/issues/7

So you'll be able to see progress. I will pre-warn you, it might be some time (if ever), as I have a lot on at the minute

Comment

Originally posted by pmprog View Post
          I've logged the issue here
          https://github.com/pmprog/pmTriathlon/issues/7

So you'll be able to see progress. I will pre-warn you, it might be some time (if ever), as I have a lot on at the minute
          No worries - it's very much appreciated you take the time to do any of this at all! Thanks

Comment

Custom mode

Thanks for a great app making the VA even more usable!

I would love to be able to choose the order of the activities in my Triathlon or duathlon. When training I often do bike-run-bike more likely than run-bike-run.
            It would also be cool to use it for swimrun-competitions. Setting up the number of runs and swimparts. For example a race which has 11 activities (6 run and 5 swim).
            The possibility to build combinations if you know what I mean. A custom mode

Comment

swimming with glonass

Has anyone done an open water swim with pmTriathlon and glonass on? Could it possibly increase accuracy in the water where the signal is bad?
              Last edited by Latency; 11-08-2015, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Custom mode

I would love to see a custom mode allowing the user to set the order of activities. For example, run-swim-run-swim-run-swim-run-swim-run (for a specific swimrun competition) or bike-run-bike etc.

Comment

I have thought about a more generic "Multi-sport" app, but I've done very little development for the watch lately (or for anything at all).

We will see what time and motivation I get...

Comment

Originally posted by pmprog View Post
                    I have thought about a more generic "Multi-sport" app, but I've done very little development for the watch lately (or for anything at all).

We will see what time and motivation I get...
                    You've improved the value and use of vivoactive with your apps. A flexible multisport app or extension of pmTriathlon would make you even more legend Keep up the good work and hurry up to get motivated!

I can assist with graphics and testing if needed.

Comment

About time of transition

I tried the app yesterday for the first time, and the application closed during the first transition.
                      I made a test and realized that the tough transition time 1 minute and then the application is closed.
                      It is possible to set this interval? Or is it a issue?
                      tks

Comment

Hello , is there any way to configure the app for me to timing bike - run - bike?

Grear work¡¡¡

Comment

indoor swim v outdoor swim

As has been mentioned the vivoactiv doesn't have the algorithms to compensate for the immersion of the watch and consequent loss of GPS signal. Outdoor tracks are erratic as a result. The watch can be used if it is kept above the water and reasonably steady, tucked between two hats on the back of your head (assuming you're not doing back crawl) or in a swim float if you are using one. I set it to walk mode and then change the acitivity in connect after the swim. You get a good track and time. Indoors the watch relies on knowing the pool length and detecting the pushoff by using an accelerometer, it can also measure stroke in front crawl. It's designed to work indoors not outdoors.

Comment

Working...
                          X