Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY Data Field

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One question please, is it possible to change background into white and figures into black?

Comment

• White background is possible:
      as first and top element define a rectangle over the entire display filled with white color.
      Then define all figures as black color.

Comment

• It works! Many thanks mcinner1

Comment

• Hello,
          Thanks, easuvorov for the app - it seems to be one of the most useful apps in Garmin IQ shop. Question: would it be possible to add to it support for ANT+ lights and radar ?

Comment

• Hi easuvorov,
            thank you for this amazing work, that delivers so much opportunities to us garmin users. :-D

I'm trying to figure out how to graph percentage of time spent in each HR zone, like in apps such as https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/c...7-f780553b5eb7
            I've used variable rectangle filled, value based on HR zone X time.
            Variable min = 1 / variable Max = 1800
            I'm still trying to figure out how variable min and max will behave in that case based on "HR zone X time"

However, I'd rather graph the Zone distribution, or ratio, than absolute time spent in each zone.
            So that would be "HR zone X time" / "timer time" x 100, result ranging from 0 to 100% for eache zone.

Is there a way to achieve that, using formulas, or calculation ?
            I'm not sure wether laps / formulas / graphs are available in clone A, B or C.

Thanks for your help.

PS. my watch: Garmin Forerunner 935
            As well you a aware that display of texts, lines, graphic elements are shifted between Web Designer and actual watch datafiled display.
            Let me know if I can be of any help to help you calibrate the web designer with Forerunner 935.

PS2. I now use Chrome, and the Wysiwyg display is much more accurate, almost usable ;-p
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Nicorun; 10-12-2018, 01:57 AM.

Comment

• Since easuvorov doesn't answer that thread for months (hopefully he is ok…) I will give you some answers:

I cannot check your datastring because this forum's editor alters some spezial-characters and makes the string not valid anymore.
              You have to attach it as zip-file.

I played around times ago creating just what you want to create. HR-zones in time but in percent - not absolute. And I failed.
              Nowadays DIY-clone-A provides the possibilty of using formulas.

But I found out, formulas are not available in the disigner-tool for Forerunner 935. I have no watch (only Edge-models), but I think your watch-model is modern enough to support all of the IQ-versions.
              What you can try is to use Fenix 5x plus for designing. I think this watch has the same display-pixel-size (420x420). It is no problem to use a faked model for export and functionality.
              BUT: although you can put out the formula ((HR-zone-x) / (timer-time)) * 100 as a data figure in percent, you cannot use the result of a formula for input to a graphic element.

What I can tell, the only way to show HR-zones in time as filled rectangles is to do it with absolute figures.
              The variable-measurment for graphic-element and HR zone x is seconds.
              If you want to show a max of 1.5 hours per zone you have to set min=0 and max= 5,400.

My approach for HR-zones:
              (don't be confused as you see "temperature" here - at that time I was hoping, temp will be added soon. But now I know that it is too difficult - no temperature data possible!)

HR-Zones-Source_Edge1030.zip
              Attached Files
              Last edited by mcinner1; 10-10-2018, 05:18 AM.

Comment

• Hi McInner1,
                Many thanks for taking the time to write this usefull reply.
                I'm sorry to hear that Easuvorov is not reading this thread anymore, and has most probably stopped the development of this toolset, though the work already done is amazing.

Indeed Webdesigner is not allowing formulas for Forerunner 935, and as you said I managed to edit formulas using Fenix 5x template with webdesigner in Layout "A" (took me some time to spot the right field).
                And indeed formulas are not usable for graphics elements.

This point would be nice to improve and would allow more advanced customization of the layout, as we both could tell.
                Or there could be some new elements called "user variables" based on calculations, and that could be used afterwards to define dynamic graphical elements, just like colo sets in a way.

So I suppose I will just graph the absolute HR-zone-x-Time, using a maximum around my usual training time (3600 for 1 hour) and that will do the trick - although akwardly.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcinner1 View Post
                  But I found out, formulas are not available in the disigner-tool for Forerunner 935. I have no watch (only Edge-models), but I think your watch-model is modern enough to support all of the IQ-versions.
                  What you can try is to use Fenix 5x plus for designing. I think this watch has the same display-pixel-size (420x420). It is no problem to use a faked model for export and functionality.
                  BUT: although you can put out the formula ((HR-zone-x) / (timer-time)) * 100 as a data figure in percent, you cannot use the result of a formula for input to a graphic element.
                  Nicorun Sorry to jump in here, but I'm pretty sure the reason for the device restriction on formulas is not CIQ version support, but the limited amount of memory available on most watches. Fenix 5X has 4 times as much memory available to data fields compared to 935/Fenix 5, probably because of mapping support.

I could be wrong, but I doubt formulas would work on a 935.
                  Last edited by FlowState; 10-11-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• FlowState : So far, I haven't managed to make formulas work on my Forerunner 935 indeed.
                    So I can imagine you are right.
                    If I use the Editor in Fenix 5X mode, and put for example a data value with formula like "CurrentHeartRate * 2", then import it in my forerunner 935 with data filed DIY "A", the multiplication will not be done, instead wrong numbers are displayed.

Comment

• Sounds logical...
                      On my Edge 1030 formulas do work properly.

Comment

Working...
                      X