• Show
Clear All

• Update 8.0

For T2 and T3 watches:

- Add Power, HR field coloring
    - Power colors supported for 5 power zones only
    - Remove theme color setting
    - Remove HR %Max, HRR% metrics
    - If you change units (distance, speed, pace) or tones/vibes during an activity, Run Power will not pick up the changes until you start a new activity.

--

T2 watches: Vivoactive 3, VA3M, VAHR, Approach S60, 645 (not music)
    T3 watches: 935, Fenix 5, Fenix 5S, 735XT
    Last edited by FlowState; 01-05-2019, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlowState View Post
      alextran thanks a lot for your help.

I've fixed the problem and uploaded version 7.0.6 to the store.

There was a very subtle bug which caused a crash with RE when Power is equal to 0.
      confirmed everything is working properly!

also, is last lap, ..., power/RE/pace/etc the same as last lap, average, power?

Comment

• alextran thanks for the confirmation.

Yes, (Last) Lap, ..., X just automatically picks the "right thing", depending on the metric. Because in plain English, most people will say "Lap Pace" or "Lap Power", and not "Lap Average Pace" or "Lap Average Power", even if that's what they really meant.

For example:
        (Last) Lap, ..., RE, is (Last) Lap Average RE.

But:
        (Last) Lap, ... Time is (Last) Lap Total Time.

Basically, it figures out what you meant in "plain English" and translates it to either (Last) Lap Average or (Last) Lap Total where appropriate.

In other words, if a metric X can be averaged (most metrics), then picking Lap ... X will give you the lap average. If a metric Y cannot be averaged (e.g. Time, Distance), then picking Lap .... Y will give you Lap Total Y.

IOW, when you say "Lap Pace", you really mean "Lap Average Pace", and Run Power knows that. When you say "Lap Time", you mean "Lap Total Time" (and not Lap Average Time), and Run Power knows that too.

The only grey area is elevation, which I have defined as not able to be averaged, although you can argue it could be....
        Last edited by FlowState; 01-05-2019, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• FlowState, first thanks for the great app!

For some reason it is broken on my FR 935. It looks like it happened in one of latest releases, because I used the data field last week.
          When I start it, I get IQ logo with an exclamation mark.
          If I reinstall it, it works, but if I go to settings on my phone and save them (without changing anything), the field stops working again.

Here is the log from CIQ_LOG.YML:

---
          Error: Unhandled Exception
          Time: 2019-01-07T20:57:36Z
          Part-Number: xxx
          Firmware-Version: '12.10'
          Language-Code: eng
          ConnectIQ-Version: 3.0.7
          Store-Id: a054f515-576a-4a28-b8e5-87987ba737e1
          Store-Version: 83
          Filename: xxx
          Appname: Run Power
          Message: 'UnexpectedTypeException: Expected Number/Float/Boolean/Long/Double, given null'
          Stack:
          - pc: 0x100009cc
          - pc: 0x100012c2
          ---
          Error: Unhandled Exception
          Time: 2019-01-07T20:58:16Z
          Part-Number: xxx
          Firmware-Version: '12.10'
          Language-Code: eng
          ConnectIQ-Version: 3.0.7
          Store-Id: a054f515-576a-4a28-b8e5-87987ba737e1
          Store-Version: 83
          Filename:xxx
          Appname: Run Power
          Message: 'UnexpectedTypeException: Expected Number/Float/Boolean/Long/Double, given null'
          Stack:
          - pc: 0x10000bb3
          - pc: 0x100012c2

Comment

• genarius thanks a lot for the bug report and sorry for the inconvenience. Sorry, I removed the theme color config from 935 and similar devices to make room for HR/power colors, and forgot to test a certain scenario. As always, testing is something I need to work on.

I have updated the store with a fixed version. Please note that in the future, it isn't necessary to redact the Part-Number from the YML file. That is just a generic part number which identifies your exact model (there's more than one 935, for Asia vs. rest of the world), and allows devs to make use of the other information. There's no information which identifies you or your watch in that file, except possibly for the other apps that you are using, if you leave that in.

Thanks!

---
            Update 8.1
            Fix crash for T2/T3 watches (e.g. VA3, 935), on new install or changing settings.
            Last edited by FlowState; 01-07-2019, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Hey everyone, this is just an idea I am floating, so please don't take it as concrete indications of future plans.

Right now I'm happy with the feature set for Run Power for the top tier devices like 645M and Fenix 5 Plus. However, I wish I could bring more features to those of us who have older / less expensive watches. I don't even own a watch that supports all of Run Power's features....

How would people feel if I moved the settings for lower-tier watches such as 935, 645 and 235 to a web app?

It could mean 935 and 645 could have: recording, cadence colors, and colors for more than 5 zones. (Again, no promises). For 235 at least I could try to put in some sort of alerts (tones + vibes if not visual), if not recording as well.

The issue is that Garmin settings take up a lot of space in the app which could be used to bring you guys great features.

Please vote / reply to the following linked poll topic if you have an opinion. Thanks! There's also more information in the same topic:
              https://forums.garmin.com/forum/deve...-more-features
              Last edited by FlowState; 01-07-2019, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlowState View Post
                genarius Please note that in the future, it isn't necessary to redact the Part-Number from the YML file. That is just a generic part number which identifies your exact model (there's more than one 935, for Asia vs. rest of the world), and allows devs to make use of the other information. There's no information which identifies you or your watch in that file, except possibly for the other apps that you are using, if you leave that in.
                Thanks for fixing, you are faster then any professional user support!

Comment

• I just came across this app, and it appears to be exactly what I'm looking for. I'm about to buy either a Stryd or Garmin power meter to measure run power. I saw at the beginning of the thread that Garmin Running Power is not supported. Does that mean that the Garmin Running Dynamics pod isn't supported, so that I'd need the Stryd power meter instead?

Thanks!

Patrick

Comment

• patvaughn that's correct. Stryd can connect as a standard power meter, but the Garmin Run Pod cannot. Nobody but Garmin knows for sure, but it's 99.999% likely that the Power calculations for RD-Pod and HRM-Run are done in the Garmin Running Power app itself, unlike Stryd which does calculations in the Stryd pod. So no one else will be able to support Garmin Running Power unless they can guess Garmin's exact algorithm, or if Garmin publishes it. You would also lose certain benefits by not using the RD-Pod the "normal way", so I'm not sure if we'll see this supported by 3rd party devs in the future.

Also, I don't have personal experience from Stryd, but my understanding is that the instant pace is excellent and much better than what you get from GPS or Garmin footpod. And there's no calibration required afaik.
                    Last edited by FlowState; 01-08-2019, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• To the user who sent me a support request today, if you're reading this, I am unable to respond to support requests without an email. (Unfortunately Garmin does not make this clear on the form).

I'd like to help you resolve your problem, but I'll need you to contact me again and provide your email address.

Thanks!

Comment

• Update 8.2.1

Fix crash when power value is greater than 2000.

I introduced this bug recently -- sorry for the inconvenience! And thanks to the user who reported it and sent me a crash log.

Comment

• Btw, the power spike bug is fixed with latest beta firmware. But probably worth keeping this feature until the final release is out.

Comment

• JTH9 thanks for the update.

I don't see the harm in leaving it in forever, unless someone actually needs power > 2000....

Comment

• Hi ...

The datafield is awesome as it is.... Nevertheless, I would suggest another feature: to force the backlight on as long as the activity lasts. I find this useful at sunset and night. My eyesight is not that good anymore.

It would also be great to have an exact copy of Run Power in the Connect IQ Store, and thus be able to switch datafield settings instantly depending on the environment conditions without being force to use Garmin Mobile App.

Thanks.

Comment

• I have updated the wishlist and moved it to the wiki:
                                https://github.com/flowstatedev/ciq-.../wiki/Wishlist

Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                                X