Announcement

Collapse

Forum Upgrade

We’re excited to announce that the Garmin Forums will soon be moving to a new platform that should greatly improve our forum experience for everyone. We will update everyone as more information becomes available.
See more
See less

Watchface: Data Lover

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also impractical/impossible...I spend most of my day in an office. But I appreciate your concern for introducing a bug if Garmin is going to fix theirs.

SW version 5.50
    GPS 4.40

Comment

• Try syncing again with Garmin Express. The 4.40 GPS is an old version - 2.30 is actually newer and has Galileo. Maybe it's that.
      My Connect IQ Apps in the Store
      Facebook - Instagram -
      Twitter

Comment

• I am having a issue getting the weather location to be accurate. It used to be, but now it appears to be setting the weather for another city in Idaho, USA.

I live in Portland, OR USA and set the latitude and longitude. Waited for it to update to a new city for multiple days and it does not update.

I have a Garmin Vivoactive 3 and it syncs with an iPhone X all throughout the day. I have also made sure the watch face and the watch have been updated.

Comment

• yes you're facing the same vivoactive 3 firmware issue as TSLtrek above.... an issue for which Garmin needs to release a fix to have the gps no longer drift away. You can try Jim's suggestion to see whether that makes a difference.

the workaround for the issue is:
          - to get a new gps fix (start a gps activity such as run and wait for the green gps fix)
          or
          - to go into the settings of the app and set the default latitude/longitude to your city (slightly change the latitude by 0.001 so the face detects it as a new default latitude)
          My best Connect IQ apps: Peter's (Race) Pacer, All In One, Data Lover, Mini Dashboard and many more...

@peter.connectiq - Instagram account about my apps
          Connect IQ Fans - Facebook Connect IQ Fan page
          Connect IQ Tutorial - teaches you how to create a connect iq app

Comment

• FYI - I updated to 2.30 GPS. The drift is not as extreme, but still happening.

Comment

• peterdedecker, just sent you a donation but didn't have an option to specify a note on the tx. I was looking for a key to the data lover watch face. The TX ID 2S654084VW1346940. Let me know if you need anything else.

Comment

• Thanks for your support Michael, the donation key should be in your inbox.
                My best Connect IQ apps: Peter's (Race) Pacer, All In One, Data Lover, Mini Dashboard and many more...

Comment

• I am using a Garmin 3 vivoactive and I have no problems at all, I did input my default coordinates into the watch face, I have no drift at all, the only thing I would like is a diagram so I can tell which part of the face corresponds to the settings, its a real pain to have to keep syncing the watch and looking to see whats changed, also what are the little signal bars ? I dont have a clue LOL

Comment

• When using garmin express for settings i'd agree it's a pain to constantly clip/unclip the usb cable. I'd advice to use garmin connect mobile when changing settings as it's a lot quicker that way to try out all the possibilities.

Comment

• OH I see....! They're not signal bars, they are stairs duh LOL

Comment

• I too am now getting GPS issues, I am also missing the gps option in the settings, seriously thinking of returning this watch, its riddled with bugs

Comment

• Generally i think Garmin makes very good devices but of course It's possible that there are issues.

Garmin is working on a fix to no longer experience the gps drift you are seeing now, it's normal releasing this fix takes a bit of time as it has to be verified the fix works and the fix does not cause regression issues elsewhere.

Comment

• Have Garmin confirmed they are working on a fix ? if not I am going to send this watch back, its just one thing after another, I feel like a beta tester.

Comment

• yes, Garmin has confirmed they are working on the fix in several threads, for example here https://forums.garmin.com/forum/deve...57#post1430857

With the holidays close I don't expect a fix in December, but I hope it'll be there in January.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterdedecker View Post
                                yes, Garmin has confirmed they are working on the fix in several threads, for example here https://forums.garmin.com/forum/deve...57#post1430857

With the holidays close I don't expect a fix in December, but I hope it'll be there in January.
                                Thank you for the info

Comment

Working...
                                X