Connect IQ sign in attempts failed

just got my Garmin device today. When i try to set up the Connect IQ app, it shows "sign in attempts failed". 

• If you're experiencing sign-in issues with the Garmin Connect IQ app, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the problem. Here's a step-by-step guide:

1. Check your Username and Password:

• Double-check that you are entering the correct Garmin account username and password. It's easy to make a typo or forget a character, so ensure they are accurate.
    2. Internet Connection:

• Ensure that your device has a stable internet connection, as a weak or intermittent connection can cause login issues. Connect to Wi-Fi or use mobile data with a strong signal.
    3. Update the Garmin Connect IQ App:

• Make sure that you have the latest version of the Garmin Connect IQ app installed on your device. Outdated apps may have bugs or security issues.
    4. Clear Cache and Data (Android):

• If you're using an Android device, you can try clearing the cache and data for the Garmin Connect IQ app. Here's how:
        • Go to "Settings" > "Apps" or "Application Manager."
        • Find and select the Garmin Connect IQ app.
        • Tap "Storage" and then "Clear Cache" and "Clear Data."
    5. Restart Your Device:

• Sometimes, a simple device restart can resolve connectivity issues. Turn your smartphone or Garmin device off and then back on.
    6. Reset Password:

• If you're unsure about your password or suspect it might be incorrect, you can reset it through the Garmin website. Follow the steps to reset your password and then try logging in again.
    7. Check for Garmin Server Issues:

• Occasionally, Garmin's servers may experience downtime or issues that affect user logins. You can check Garmin's official website or social media channels for any announcements regarding service disruptions.

Remember that account security is important, so it's crucial to ensure that you're the only one accessing your Garmin account. If you suspect any unauthorized activity, change your password immediately.

Additionally, make sure you're using the official Garmin Connect IQ app downloaded from a reputable source, such as the Google Play Store (for Android) or the Apple App Store (for iOS). Third-party or modified versions of the app may not function correctly and could pose security risks.

• I’m sorry but I tried all of the above and it is still not working. Very frustrating as I can’t get music apps set up for an upcoming race. Please advise. I have a forerunner 265S.

• I have the same issue; applied same approach.  Still at square one.