Cannot reliably transfer from Garmin DashCam 55

I have a new Garmin DashCam 55 in my car which I'm trying to download videos from onto my iOS VIRB app on my iPhone 6. When sharing the gallery on the dashcam, I'm able to connect to its Wi-Fi access point. But when I launch the VIRB app, it doesn't immediately populate all of the saved and unsaved videos and photos. Most of the time, nothing appears after a few minutes. After re-connecting or re-launching several times, I was able to see a few thumbnails of videos once or twice. But then when I tried playing them back, the transfer was so slow and stuttered so much that they were basically unplayable. The dashcam is simply mounted at the top of my windshield as instructed, and I'm sitting in the drivers seat, operating my iPhone, so the two devices are in close proximity. What could be wrong?
Parents
  • Hope you dont mind me joining in but i have failed to get any response from Garmin to my emails.
    I recently bought a Dash Cam 45 and have trouble setting the correct time for the Timestamp.
    The camera shows the correct time but when it starts recording the Timestamp is one hour earlier.
    Grateful if someone could tell the correct settings for this feature please.

Hi Graham,

Sorry to hear you're having issues. I've seen what you're talking about in the past (1 hour off) I'm pretty sure your problem is your phone time is different than what you have set on the Dash Cam. Can you please verify your time on your phone and on the Dash Cam are the same then reply to this post with your results?

Dash Cam time can be accessed from Settings > System > Setup

Thanks
  • Hope you dont mind me joining in but i have failed to get any response from Garmin to my emails.
    I recently bought a Dash Cam 45 and have trouble setting the correct time for the Timestamp.
    The camera shows the correct time but when it starts recording the Timestamp is one hour earlier.
    Grateful if someone could tell the correct settings for this feature please.

Hi Graham,

Sorry to hear you're having issues. I've seen what you're talking about in the past (1 hour off) I'm pretty sure your problem is your phone time is different than what you have set on the Dash Cam. Can you please verify your time on your phone and on the Dash Cam are the same then reply to this post with your results?

Dash Cam time can be accessed from Settings > System > Setup

Thanks
Children
No Data