Android App Crashes Connecting to Virb Ultra 30

Trying to connect VIRB on my Dell Venue 8 tablet, (Android 4.4.2), to my new Virb Ultra 30 mostly crashes immediately after opening the Remote Control screen, but before displaying what the camera sees. Or if it doesn't crash, it freezes and I have to kill the app.

Connecting from iPhone works without issues.

Any ideas.

Cheers.
Parents
  • I am having the same issue on my Galaxy S7 and I tried it on my old Galaxy S5 as well with the same results. I really would like to know if this is an app issue or a camera issue because I only have a few days to send my camera back. It is such a shame that my cheap Activeon Gold action cam will connect so easy to wifi and works flawlessly yet this Garmin I paid $400 for will not work properly when connected to the android app.
  • I am having the same issue on my Galaxy S7 and I tried it on my old Galaxy S5 as well with the same results. I really would like to know if this is an app issue or a camera issue because I only have a few days to send my camera back. It is such a shame that my cheap Activeon Gold action cam will connect so easy to wifi and works flawlessly yet this Garmin I paid $400 for will not work properly when connected to the android app.
Children
No Data