This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Validity of leaderboard segments

Hi,
I have looked at the blistering fast hill climb segments leaderboards that have left me standing virtually still on hill climbs (on a segment that I created). When I click on the date at the end of the line I can see the activity of the person that crossed that segment.

Two of the extremely fast ones where on Garmin 510 and Garmin 810 computers. Should these be appearing in the 1000 leaderboards?

I thought that only the 1000 had segments?
  • Seriously, who cares? You know what you did and how well you did (by your standards and/or track record). ‘Due’ acknowledgement by others and/or on a social platform is not required. I understand some people get an extra kick out of such acknowledgement, but not getting it is character-building.

Confucius said (yes, really), “If people do not recognize me (read: my merits and achievements) and it doesn't bother me, am I not a noble man?”
  • Garmin segments I always considered somewhat obsolete for some time now. Strava won that one I think. I spend plenty of time flagging cyclists uploading their rides as runs and "nicking" my CRs over there.
  • The 800m world record has been broken multiple times by 9 different people on my local segment. How hard can it be to compare VO2 max, records and training effect to determine if a runner is achieving times that's not realistic. Garmin needs to look into it. Or people will stop seing segments as a feature. 

• hahaha! I know this feeling. But don't give up! If you are a runner, you are a fighter. We will drive Garmin to do something.