This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Body Fat Manual Input

Former Member
Former Member
It would be great if Garmin Connect would allow manual input for body fat. My caliper is a pretty good one and I don't see why I should track this kind of data elsewhere.
  • I support this also.

I have a fat-caliper and is happy with that.
    Should be possible to log manual.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 14 years ago
    tracking body fat...

+1, this (and other) threads on manual additon of body-fat are quite old; Garmin: it's now time!
    Cheers
  • It's just silly...

Come on, Garmin. I already have a fantastic scale that measures all that. See, you can carry on advertising that the Tanita 1000 automatically does all that. All we want is a way to manually input that data, to actually take the time and effort to do that! How difficult could that be, to allow on the Garmin Connect website? From a very frustrated customer. :mad:
  • Manual data input

I have a Tanita scale but just not the "right one." Garmin it is time to make this data available for manual input.
  • Manual input necessary

Agree with all the above. Why force your community to adopt one vendor's scale. Most atheletes have been tracking additional 'metrics' for eons and a simple interface change would allow us to track everything in one place.
  • Unhappy customer . . .

I left my Polar S710 for an Edge 500 . . . been waiting too long for such a simple request to be implemented in GC. Allow us to be able to manually input other metrics in the health section without your special scale!

I will be selling my Edge and going back to the Polar system - and letting all my friends know about my frustration with this company!

Matt
  • Manual data input

+1
    Please allow manual input of data. Showing an add for t 3rd party product that makes it seem that the manual input is broken is a VERY poor user experience.
  • Another vote for manual input.

Just getting into Garmin Connect having bought the FR60. I have a Tanita scale already that does body fat, very frustrating that I can't record it here.:confused:
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 13 years ago
    Just getting into Garmin Connect having bought the FR60. I have a Tanita scale already that does body fat, very frustrating that I can't record it here.:confused:

If you have a Tanita and an FR60, you can upload all of your health data to Garmin Connect.

I use my FR60 to capture the Tanita data, then it transfers from the FR60 to Garmin Connect via ANT Agent, all 9 data fields.
  • Manual input of health parameters

Dear Garmin,

Please respond to this forum and detail your plans to allow manual input of health parameters such as weight, body fat, etc. OR NOT.

If not, please provide a format so that users could upload a plain text file with the data in it using the existing manual upload features of the system.

Thank you,
    M. Lee