This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Request: please add new activities

While tennis is an activity selectable, please also add badminton.

• You can add any missing sport yourself as a custom activity on your watch.

• Same concern,

Please add badminton

• Please add activity: Hammer strikes, sledge hammer training.
    Please add "add a weight vest" for activities.
    Please add activity "pedal kayak"

• Why not adding it yourself as custom activities if really needed?

• So I guess I dont really know to create a custom activity, or how to generate the data I'm going to collect.

The weight vest item would need to add to the runners weight to modify the calculations. If I weigh 170 pounds and I run 2 miles in 16 minutes I burn 240 calories.. (example). If I put on a 25 pound vest, and run two miles in 20 minutes... i work a lot harder, but the Garmin thinks I just ran slow. 

The pedal kayak is different. It is pedaling with a lot of resistance. Speed and distance covered are low compared to biking any other pedalling exercise, but work is high, it's like riding a single gear bike on a beach.  The work is legs, not arms and shoulders like regular paddling.

So if anyone has any suggestions, or perhaps I dont understand how the Garmin generates the data. Perhaps it doesnt matter what activity is selected and it is based entirely on HR over Time.  Idk.

• So I guess I dont really know to create a custom activity

I cannot tell you exatly how, since I do not know what device you use, but look up the term "custom activity" in the respective user manual.

The weight vest item would need to add to the runners weight to modify the calculations.

You do not need to add any data for a supplementary weight. When you carry a weight, it will impact your heart rate, hence the Calories calculation will reflect it automacally (unless you own a device without a HR monitor).

The pedal kayak is different

Exactly the same case - more effort » higher HR » more Calories, hence no adjustments needed

• I have a forerunner 645

• I have a forerunner 645

As I wrote, you find instructions for creating a custom activity in your user manual:

Creating a Custom Activity

• Well thanks. I had actually followed those steps, I just didn't think it was really doing what I was wanting it to do.

Thank you for your best effort. I dont know if you are another user, or a Garmin CSR, I'm sure any user that hadn't tried to create an activity might appreciate the recomendation to read the documentation, or the pointer on how to create a new custom activity.

If Garmin is reading this, in the spirit of good will with your users... and let's be honest your users are your best sales-people ( after me, my best friend, my dad, my wife, followed in getting a garmin smart watch... )

Would it really hurt to add activities that your users ask for? I'm sure that's how gardening and underwater grinding got there. Are sledge hammers (or battle ropes, or wall balls) all that peculiar?  

Thanks for the help. I'd still love to see a weight load add on for running/walking/volksmarching/rucking, hiking, rock climbing, pull-ups, even road biking and I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of others- no disrespect.

Oh, and pedal kayak.

Thanks.

• Would it really hurt to add activities that your users ask for?

As I explained, that's exactly why Garmin allows creating custom activities. There is no way that could add all ~8.000 officially existing sports, and hundreds thousands of other activities like gardening, or sledge hammer, and there is also no reason why they should. What problem do you exactly have with the custom activity?

If you wish to record what weight you used at your workout, simply put it into the note. As I explained, from the point of view of Calories calculation, there is no need to keep  therecord of the extra weight. Or use an IQ app adding a special field for it (assuming your watch supports the Connect IQ technology).