Corrupt FIT File Repair Requests

Hi,

I would like to load this file into any software, but all of them tell me that it cannot be imported.
For some reason the file is not working (the watch ran out of battery while it was tracking the hike), but I would really like to have it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Top Replies

All Replies

• Hi,

I have a Garmin Edge 500 device for some years and I am very satisfied with it. Unfortunately I cannot upload the .FIT file from my last workout, it seems corrupted, this never happened before.

I would really like to have the content of this file. At http://garmin.kiesewetter.nl/ I tried to export to .CSV file and import it again to .FIT, it did not work.

Is there a way to repair this file https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21540680/2013-02-17-07-01-03.fit ?

Thanks in advance,

Hugo
  • Hi,

I have a Garmin Edge 500 device for some years and I am very satisfied with it. Unfortunately I cannot upload the .FIT file from my last workout, it seems corrupted, this never happened before.

I would really like to have the content of this file. At http://garmin.kiesewetter.nl/ I tried to export to .CSV file and import it again to .FIT, it did not work.

Is there a way to repair this file https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21540680/2013-02-17-07-01-03.fit ?

Thanks in advance,

Hugo

Hello Hugo,

Well, you have the dubious distinction of recording the most corrupt fit file ever....:)

It locked up the Fit File Repair Tool and required that Mathias (the developer) write a new program just for you. That guy is a genius.

Anyway your file had 38 trackpoints and 38 errors. The dates go from 2009 to 2015. The heart rates go from 14 to 245. Distance between trackpoints goes over 3 million meters. Ugh.

You can open this tcx file with Word Pad and look at some of the data.

If it was my 500 I would clear all data and reload the software.
  • Please have a look ?

This file hangs my Firstbeat software. Please can you have a look at repairing this ?
  • This file hangs my Firstbeat software. Please can you have a look at repairing this ?

Here Ya Go.
    It looks like you almost ran out of trackpoints. At 1 sec recording you only get about 4hrs35min.
  • Oh my hat ! I never realised that this was a restriction !!!
    Recommendation for a reasonable setting, my max training time would seldom exceed 6 hours ?

OK, RTFM - Smart Recording is the other option, will give that a try to see how it affects the size and accuracy.

(Thanks SO much for the fix !!!)
  • DATEZZ - just FYI, the file imports fine into Firstbeat Athlete now, except there is no GPS data, nor the option to select that. This is not a problem for me since I only used FB for HR data, but I thought I'd just mention that. As an aside, this specific activity also did not pull through weather data on Connect - strange coincidence or related ?
  • Can someone please please please fix my file? I can't get the fit repair tool to work. Probably user error...
  • DATEZZ - just FYI, the file imports fine into Firstbeat Athlete now, except there is no GPS data, nor the option to select that. This is not a problem for me since I only used FB for HR data, but I thought I'd just mention that. As an aside, this specific activity also did not pull through weather data on Connect - strange coincidence or related ?

That is very strange. I unzipped the file I sent you and it loaded into Garmin Connect showing all the track on the map and all the fitness data graphs. Seems like all the data is there.
    The weather does not show with your file open on my Connect either but that is not a function of the file. Connect pulls that weather info from some other site.

I have no clue about Firstbeat. You might unzip the file again and load it again?
  • @MBETTS777:

You can download a repaired version of your fit file fromdl.dropbox.com/.../2013-03-02-14-45-20-fixed.fit

If you would like me to help you with installing the Fit File Repair Tool please send me an email (mathias.krallmann<a>freenet.de)

Best regards

Mathias

Can someone please please please fix my file? I can't get the fit repair tool to work. Probably user error...
  • Can someone please please please fix my file? I can't get the fit repair tool to work. Probably user error...

Here Ya Go.
    It appears that you started moving before the 810 got a good satellite lock. The first 40 seconds does not have any coordinates. The first 4 seconds has a huge 1200 foot straight up and back down gain. I removed those first 4 seconds and left everything else.