This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Training Effect and Status from 3rd Party Apps

Hey guys,

I have a couple of questions related to the connection between 3rd party apps such as Zwift and Trainer Road with Garmin Connect.

Although I see my activities from Zwift and Trainer Road in Garmin Connect, I've noted a few things:
1. The activities do not show any Training Effect from Trainer Road (example the 0-5 scales of Aerobic or Anaerobic). Activities from Zwift do show a Training Effect, but it's always 0.0 Aerobic and never changes.
2. None of the activities seem to contribute towards my Training Status (according to Garmin, I'm doing nothing with my life ;) )
3. Rides (activities) from Trainer Road are NOT synced to my Edge 1030 with Physio TrueUp, while rides from Zwift ARE synced to my Edge 1030 with Physio TrueUp. The only thing I want to point out here is that a similar idea app has this working, which means that it must be possible to do, but it's just not working yet (or broken) in Trainer Road for what ever reason.

So, can anyone explain how can I get the above working with my Garmin Connect?
I’m pretty sure it’s nothing I need to do, but I’m sitting with support of both Zwift and TrainerRoad and they haven’t really been of much use...
  • If it's any consolation Training Effect is not recorded for activities on Wahoo Systm (Sufferfest + RGT) either. I believe the activity has to be recorded on a compatible Garmin device, so the only workaround I know is to dual record & tidy up duplicate activities afterwards.