This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Zwift workouts not affecting training status

Hello!
I've started using Zwift to fight this cold spell in the Northeast and my workouts are importing well into Garmin connect but they aren't affecting training status, FTP, etc... Is there something I can do to change that?

Thanks!
    • I'm just recording HR which works for body battery, might record some as ridesfrides vo2, but otherwise I'll use other platforms for cycling metrics analysis
  • Well, in fact it would not work for the Training Status anyway, as long as it is a stationary bike. You need a true outdoor Cycling Activity with GPS to have the TS affected. Read more here: Why is my Training Status not Updating on my Garmin Fitness Device?

• Hopefully this will all change with the Garmin aquisition of Firstbeat.... however they'll need to find a way to make money out of it.

• This discussion I found misleading so let me correct it.

You do need to record on an appropriate Garmin device, separate from Zwift. But there is no limitation on getting all of HR chest strap, power, speed, and cadence, recording on that device from your smart trainer or other devices, and therefore getting Vo2max and training status. And it doesn't matter at all that your activity is indoor.

Your Garmin device will default to Ant+ connections while you'll typically use Bluetooth for Zwift. So there is no conflict.

I use a Tacx Neo 2T and HRM-PRO simultaneously with Zwift on Android and a Garmin Edge 530 and I get all the power and training status goodness.

Only actual limitation is that your Garmin activity won't have the Zwift map and also distance information will be off. But honestly I don't see that as much important as you can still get that information from Zwift or uploaded to Strava from Zwift.