I would like to import my food diary from Cronometer instead of Myfitnesspal

Please allow importing food calories from Cronometer.com I do not like using Myfitnesspal. I currently use a combination of Garmin and Fitbit data, it would be much nicer if I could report my food calories to Garmin Connect as well.
  • I'm also a fan of Cronometer. My guess is that Garmin and MFP have an exclusive deal of some sort. Right now, the sync direction is only from Garmin to Cronometer. There is a similar discussion on the Cronometer forums https://forums.cronometer.com/

• I submitted a support case with Cronometer. Their response:

Unfortunately at this time we do not export htis information to Garmin, but thanks for your suggestion! We love getting feature requests from our users, as they help direct the development of the app for your needs. I will pass this along to our team.

You can direct future feature requests to this email address as you have done, or you can feel free to join our community forum to share your idea with others, and get feedback on what other users do when they encounter an area they feel is lacking functionality until we are able to better address it.

Also, here is a link to our blog which may help with easing the transition from MFP: https://cronometer.com/blog/my-fitness-pal-to-cronometer/ Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

• Just adding one more “Hey Garmin, please support Cronometer too!”

• See response from  and Cronometer support

Unfortunately at this time we do not export htis information to Garmin
  • Gonna give this another bump. I highly prefer using Chronometer over MFP because I like to track important men's health micronutrients that I can't track in MFP, as well as the standard macro nutrients and calories in/out. I would love to see Chronometer support in Garmin Connect. Chronometer already can pull my Garmin activities and data, but I'd like to be able to see my calories in/out from within the Garmin Connect app.

Although there are only a few people bumping this post, I know there are plenty of people out there who would appreciate Chronometer support in Garmin Connect. 

• Hi,

I am wanting to use this feature but do not know how to make it work with my Garmin app. I have a Garmin Forerunner 45s watch. On the Garmin Connect app I go to Settings, Connected apps and do not find Cronometer,  only Strava and My Fitness Pal. Please advise, thanks. 
    Regards
    Derek 
  • Last week I switched from MFP to cronometer. MFP had become unbearable after 10+ years of daily use. Going downhill fast since UA sold out. As part of my refocusing on health and improving the tools I use, I just bought a fancy Garmin watch ... and then found this. 6 years later. Sigh. No google fit sync either. C'mon Garmin!

• Adding my request to the other's. I also contacted Garmin directly about this a while ago, but it does not seem to move forward unfortunately. Give us the option to choose which source to use, Cronometer or MFP, or at the very least, let us enter calories info manually. Being forced to use MFP to have consumed calories in Garmin have always been quite baffling to me.

• I really agree with the point about at least being able to enter calories manually. That we still don't have syncing with Cronometer is one thing, but keeping MFP as the only sources for calories in the entire world just seems like an attempt to force people to use what is a vastly inferior platform. Don't know what the incentive for that would be, but it is definitely not one rooted in user-satisfaction...

• I'd prefer to be able to import my Chronometer data into Garmin , as well! Please consider this. I'd also greatly appreciate being able to sync my Fitbit Aria scale with Garmin, although I know you may not do this since Garmin has a scale (unfortunately, Garmin's scale has reports of being a pain to turn on).