This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Manual Import for tcx not working--FIXED!

I haven't been able to import .tcx files for the last two days. The files were created by Trainerroad, everything worked alright before that.
I already talked to Trainerroad and they didn't change anything in the last few days.

Is Garmin currently working on the import function?
  • Same issues for me with the upload. It says complete but the files don't show up. I was able to sync some files by using Tapiriik, but not all.

I uploaded two files that I cannot add to Garmin Connect into the One Drive.

Garmin also wrote me a mail, I sent them the files and described the issue. Let's see how this plays out :-).

Cheers
  • I'm having the same issue, since Wednesday. I did a file on Tuesday that worked.

Doing the Import Data option from the website, selecting a .tcx file, and it says it's uploaded, but does not appear in my Activities List. I've been doing manual tcx uploads for about 3-4 years (very old wattbike that does not support Garmin, so I use www.wattbike2garmin.com to generate a .tcx file).

It _is_ syncing to Strava, however (I have my Connect Account and Strava linked), so it must be getting uploaded at least...
  • Yep, like BABYCHAOS, some manual .tcx files I am uploading are not showing up in the Activities list but clearly are being uploaded to GC as they are being pushed over Strava.
  • Do you need another txc file to test? I have my train from yesterday @TrainerRoad ready to upload to the OneDrive Folder if you need more files to test.
  • No import tcx from wahoo.

Same here.
    I have 2 accounts using wahoo tickr export through, mail import GC problem since 9march.
    When complete, click on view details, blank page then start of activity list.

Normally when I select view details I go to activity itself.
    Importing a fit file appears to be OK.
  • No but you can continue to use this a central repository in case anyone else wants to analyze the files. I assume these typically have no GPS data?

Correct, no GPS data (at least on TrainerRoad files).
  • Same issue with manually importing .tcx files from TrainerRoad

Just a note to say that I am having exactly the same issue as described above. I normally manually import TrainerRoad .tcx files to my GC account. For the last two days the import appears to be successful but when I click view details it brings me to the activity page with no file.
  • Sundays LANE

No but you can continue to use this a central repository in case anyone else wants to analyze the files. I assume these typically have no GPS data?

You are right. I've uploaded a .tcx without GPS that I was able to add to Garmin Connect on Wednesday for comparison.

My files include:

* HR
    * Cadence
    * Speed
    * Power

Cheers
  • You can upload to my shared OneDrive folder.

I have uploaded two files they start with mgaccioli...
    Thanks,
    Mike
    [email][email protected][/email]
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    Thank you for the continued discussion on this top and for posting the TCX files. This is an issue that we are working with the Connect team to investigate.