This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Manual Import for tcx not working--FIXED!

I haven't been able to import .tcx files for the last two days. The files were created by Trainerroad, everything worked alright before that.
I already talked to Trainerroad and they didn't change anything in the last few days.

Is Garmin currently working on the import function?
  • 2+ weeks and counting with no resolution. If the proof is in the pudding, this is obviously not a priority item for them.
  • Below is the reply I received form Garmin regarding the issue. While I don't like it, it is a much better response than what they have posted in this forum #25 and #91.

"Thank you for your enquiry.
    The issue you are referring to is something that we are aware of and are working hard towards a resolution, however, we do not have a timeframe for this to be completed as yet. I have added you to the case 1325272 the technical team are exploring this and working to find a resolution.
    When the issue has been corrected, the fix will be released in a software update. This will be announced on your Garmin Connect account or on Garmin Express. If, at that point you require further assistance please contact us via our Contact Centre whereby we will be happy to talk you through it.
    I’m sorry for the inconvenience"
  • Same problem here!

I'm having the same issue with tcx files from my Elite trainer - they just disappear?! I will upload one of the files to your OneDrive. Problems with Garmin Connect are occuring far too regularly!

Brian Sheppard
  • Trainerroad .tcx will not import

Same issue. Tried about 10 times today with my TrainerRoad file from this morning and no joy.

I haven't been able to for about a week. Frustrating when your OCD!
  • I haven't been able to for about a week. Frustrating when your OCD!

Just use Tapiriik. It works fine for me.
    Calorie count is off but you can edit that.

It's not an optimal solution and I would like it to be fixed before the MTB season starts, but it's not really a problem anymore when you use tapiriik.
  • Same here for me.

Just did my 1st 20min threshold test on a Wattbike (it hurt), exported the file, which appears in Strava but not Garmin.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    +1000000000 Waiting on Two Weeks Now

I have given up on using connect right now. I upload to each site manually and have unlinked them all.
  • Just received the following reply from Garmin:

Hello ,

I'm sorry to hear about this issue. Currently, there isn't any issues with uploading to Garmin Connect. Are you syncing to a computer or smartphone? Are you getting any error messages? If so, what is the exact error message you're getting?

...are they even looking into the issue ???
  • Just received the following reply from Garmin:

Hello ,

I'm sorry to hear about this issue. Currently, there isn't any issues with uploading to Garmin Connect. Are you syncing to a computer or smartphone? Are you getting any error messages? If so, what is the exact error message you're getting?

...are they even looking into the issue ???

The problem is not the uploading. There's a message that the upload was succesfull.
    The problem is that Garmin has changed things without thinking about the consequenses. They will say the didn't change anything 'cause that would make them look like a fool. (some people don't understand the command "don't fix it if it isn't broken")
    I ride my Tacx every week and had no problems at all, until recently.
    The last weeks I noticed that .tcx-files with geographic information can be seen on de Garmin-site after uploading, but those without geographic information can't, like those don't exist.

Garmin USA Helpdesk is said to be working on it with "case 1325272" as I'm told, but how long it takes is unknown.
    Obviously they don't use back-ups
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    Depends on Who You Get

At one point before I pushed and pushed I was told they didn't allow uploads of TCX files. I said I have been doing this for two years. Then they came back on the phone and were like we are aware of the issue and are working on it. If you dont hear anything in 10 days call us back. Well apparently it must be really messed up.