This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Manual Import for tcx not working--FIXED!

I haven't been able to import .tcx files for the last two days. The files were created by Trainerroad, everything worked alright before that.
I already talked to Trainerroad and they didn't change anything in the last few days.

Is Garmin currently working on the import function?
  • TCX also does not work any longer from Sport Tracks

I used to upload my Tacx data via TCX. As long it was manually it always worked. with the new mass upload i get an upload complete but there is no new activity listed any help??
  • getting worst. GARMIN 810 activities dont show up. On top of my TrainerRoad imports

This weekend activity with my 810 doesnt show-up after the synch.
    ok for my FR235 though
  • why are we waiting ?!

Garmin you're really taking your own sweet time on this one...at least give some regular updates and a time frame when the issue will be sorted....rather than simply referring us back to reply no 25 !!
  • Another frustrated user

Just joining the chorus. I can't upload .tcx files exported from TrainerRoad anymore and I'm not happy about it. The occasional "yeah, yeah, we're on it" updates from Garmin on this thread have stopped being reassuring, as the issue drags on for another week.
  • Problem Uploading But I Think The Data Is There

I get the same problem on manual import as people describe here, says "import complete" but no data in my activities.
    The work-out does appear in Strava via automatic sync, that says to me that the data is present in Garmin Connect somewhere but just not showing on the activities page.
    Any solution in view for this?
  • I get the same problem on manual import as people describe here, says "import complete" but no data in my activities.
    The work-out does appear in Strava via automatic sync, that says to me that the data is present in Garmin Connect somewhere but just not showing on the activities page.
    Any solution in view for this?

I don't think the data is "there" - at least I have no indication it is. It does pass on to other services as you've suggested, but (for example) the # of calories burned in the activity doesn't get tracked in GC if I upload it manually. This is a big problem for me since I use GC & MFP to track calories. Works in "native" garmin activities but not uploads.
  • Has Anybody Raised This As An Issue With Garmin Support?

Garmin don't react to anything on these forums.
  • Reported This To Garmin Support

Was told that there is an ongoing .tcx file import issue that is being worked on, expected resolution 1 - 2 weeks, my e-mail added to the case so that I'll get e-mail updates on progress.
    Also told that that .tcx files will only import properly if they contain GPS data, the fix to above issue will only work with files that contain GPS data.
    I have also passed all this info on to TrainerRoad support to see if they are aware/know of a resolution.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    Do the problem TCX files contain GPS data? My prior ones have not...

I uploaded a TCX that has GPS data w/o issue today.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1631717324
  • Just in case anyone needs a workaround for this. I use TR, and additionally now record my session using my Garmin Edge...TR is set to rebroadcast the power value so it grabs that too. I then can sync the Garmin .fit file into Garmin Connect successfully.