This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can Garmin Connect syn with Bkool simulator software?

(I've also asked this question with Bkool)

I'm not sure if I've understood correctly, but do you know if my ride data from Bkool trainer simulator can auto sync with Connect? I found an option in Bkool software to connect with both strava and Connect, have enabled Connect, entered my login details and clicked allow as requested, but the ride details from Bkool have not appeared in Connect. I've been through the Bkool .pdf manual as well as the online help, and there's absolutely no mention of this feature.
  • "There is not much Garmin can do for you here.:"

Don't really agree.
    Garmin could make their environment robust to bad data posting (Strava seems to have managed this).
    Like really its only the data for a single users specific activity that should be duff  (I've done enough development myself) - and at that point a user can pick that up with the 3rd party.

Garmin could scrap licence/certification fees (if there are any, otherwise I would be interested to know how much they are)
    ... but  it seems if this is the case then Strava & Trainer Road are making it worthwhile for 3rd parties to engage while Garmin Connect isn't.

If Bkool metrics aren't integrated to GC fairly asap I'm likely to be looking at moving away from Garmin .
    which will be a shame - since i've been on Garmin Devices for about nearly 15 years and I even like Garmin Connect (in most other regards).

• If Bkool metrics aren't integrated to GC fairly asap I'm likely to be looking at moving away from Garmin

I recommend you to suggest it to Garmin through the form at Share Ideas | Garmin, since it is not very probable they would see your request here.

• Thanks - yes i will put post through there and through support.  Not really expecting it to get fixed alas.

• Not really expecting it to get fixed alas.

Neither me. I do not believe Garmin is going to change their API policy. On my mind your best chance is asking Bkool to get it done, just like Zwift, Rouvy, Tacx and some others did. Well, Tacx is now Garmin, so that's a bit different story.

• This is not dissappointing. This is just an other prove on the fact that Garmin produces *** only.

• Bkool publishes that you can connect with Garmin "one way" from Bkool to Garmin but you have to allow Garmin access to all of your data. This seems to be against European Law but Garmin as others feel to be superior to any law?

• you have to allow Garmin access to all of your data. This seems to be against European Law but Garmin as others feel to be superior to any law?

I think you misunderstood. Garmin does not need any additional data in order to share it with Bkool. They just need your permission to share the data with Bkool. It does not violate any laws. In contrary, it protects your privacy, and avoids accidentally sharing the data with 3rd parties without your explicit consent.