This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sufferfest/ Trainerroad/ Zwift not contributing to Training Status or Training Load

Hi All,

There was an announcement several months ago that workouts undertaken in the above training apps would contribute to your Garmin Training Status.

This was working up until recently when it has stopped working for all three apps.

Does anyone know what has changed on the Garmin side that it is no longer working?

Thx.

• Hello .  I have looked in your account and I see what you mean.  However, because the FR 945 LTE (a Training Status compatible device) was not used to record any cycling activities prior to your Trainerroad (Tr) activities, there was no Training Status compatible device available where the Training Status data from the Tr activities could be calculated.  Now that you have recorded the Nov. 7th cycling activity (with Power data) on the FR 945 LTE, any future activities (after Nov. 7th) recorded with Trainerroad will send Training Status data to your account.

*You may need to sync your FR 945 LTE twice, like is mentioned for Edge devices in this FAQ.

• Hi, I am having this same problem. Garmin 530. Regular recordings on 530 outdoors are fine. I recorded a TrainerRoad session on the 20/6 but doesn’t show training load. You have permission to check my account.

regards 

Dane

• Hey . If you look at the activity history on your Edge 530, do you see the TrainerRoad activities from the 20th listed on there?

• Hi Kevin,

yes they are there but they don’t have any load associated with them. 

regards

dane 

•  Thank you for checking.  May I have permission to email you?

• Yes of course you can.

• Hi

I"m also having issues.. I regularly run so i am uploading stuff that way and its ok... but my virtual cycling via Zwift doesn't count to my load... if you wouldn't mind having a look.

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Norway

One last thing, with that point you made about recording something recently on my garmin.. do you mean i have to record a cycle too?

• have you recorded a cycling activity on your Epix Gen 2 watch since you started using it?  If not, please do so, then the subsequent Zwift activities will use that "seed activity" on your watch to calculate the load.  Because the Training Load is calculated on your watch and not in Garmin Connect, you need this seed activity there to be used for calculation.  You will also need to sync multiple times for the load to show up in your Garmin Connect account.

1. Activity goes to your Garmin Connect account after being recorded on Zwift (provided you have auto sync enabled).
    2. Garmin Connect sends the activity to your Training Status/Load compatible device (the Epix Gen 2 in your case) for calculation.
    3. The Zwift activity that now has Training Status and Training Load data in it is now sent BACK to Garmin Connect from your watch to display the new TS/TL data in your account.
  • Thanks

I actually did think of that after i posted here.. I went for a real ride, then after that it started calculating the load... thanks for the reply im sorry i didn't update or edit my previous entry

• Hi Kevin,

1. Venu 2
    2. Last ride outdoors was January 8th. Even though I did Zwift rides on January 1st, 2nd, 9th, 10th and 14th, Training Status is not updating. 

3. Yes, you have my permission.