This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Repeated bluetooth pairing codes after disconnecting watch

As a lot of people allready reported there is an issue with Android Phone/Garmin Connect App and some Garmin Watches.

My Venu 2 Plus does not automatically reconnect to the phone after leaving bluetooh range OR manually disabling bluetooth on the phone. This apperas every day since i got the watch. Maybe in 2 of 10 cases the watch will automatically reconnect. But may this is only a feeling as i dont know when the watch was loosing connection or not.

I own a Fenix 6 Plus and a Venu 2 Plus. Both connected to a single Samsung A41 Android 11 with Garmin Connect. No other devices (except Samsung buds 2) are connected to the watch. Fenix 6 Plus working fine.

When watch is getting back in bluetooth range or bluetooth is enabled on the phone i have to input the paring code displayed on the watch. Except the issue that i have to manually input the code is that the phone will message the input nearly EVERY minute. Even when locked it will going crazy.

Please respond in the below format if you'd like to be added to that case.

1. Yes, I would like to be added to that case.
  2. You have my permission to access my account, if needed.
  3. Yes, you have my permission to email me.
  • I will start to contact german tech-blogs and news-website with this. I think Garmin need this.

• The worst part is that if you mention the problem, or any Garmin problem for that fact, then the 'Fan Boys' come out and attack you in the comments. All we want is or watches to work or get our money back... what is wrong with that?

• Agree with 

When will we get a response from Garmin?

At least tell us the issue is in hand and you are working on it!

I'm so close to taking my watch back for a refund and getting a Polar or Apple or Samsung!

There have been numerous updates over the course of 2022 and none have resolved the issue. This is a Garmin issue, not a Samsung A31/A32 issue, correct? I see other phones also affected.

• It is certainly a Garmin fault.  You ring and raise a service request in a couple of weeks a technician will send you an email and request a diagnositic check of your watch.  They will send a link to do this that link will then fail to work.  At this point I sent them an email and told them they win.  I gave up trying to get my Venu 2 plus to work.   I have turned the bluetooth off and just use it as a digital watch.   Highly recommend an apple watch.  They are making a sports version which will be more robust than current series.  Google is also releasing a watch soon.  When this happens I will be returning my now expensive digital watch and never ever touching a Garmin product again.  It is sad Garmin were outstanding in support and reliability in little under a year they have destroyed consumer trust.  There software and technical team needs to be rebuilt.

• Case solved for me.

Fenix 6x Pro connected to Samsung Flip 3

Somewhere in the 1st quarter of 2022 my Watch startet to not to reconnect with my mobile except after manually innitiating reconnection whenever BT connection was lost.

After a month I had enough of that sheit and made a factory reset of the watch. Since then I have not had this issue reappear. Even stabel after receiving 2 updates this year. 

Cheers

• Didn't work for me. Samsung A32 , Android 12.     Disappointed

• Very very bad service that Garmin dont respond to all these problems. 

• After the last GC update  ( 19 of August) the problem seems to be resolved, but too early for conclusions.  Stay tuned.