This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Repeated bluetooth pairing codes after disconnecting watch

As a lot of people allready reported there is an issue with Android Phone/Garmin Connect App and some Garmin Watches.

My Venu 2 Plus does not automatically reconnect to the phone after leaving bluetooh range OR manually disabling bluetooth on the phone. This apperas every day since i got the watch. Maybe in 2 of 10 cases the watch will automatically reconnect. But may this is only a feeling as i dont know when the watch was loosing connection or not.

I own a Fenix 6 Plus and a Venu 2 Plus. Both connected to a single Samsung A41 Android 11 with Garmin Connect. No other devices (except Samsung buds 2) are connected to the watch. Fenix 6 Plus working fine.

When watch is getting back in bluetooth range or bluetooth is enabled on the phone i have to input the paring code displayed on the watch. Except the issue that i have to manually input the code is that the phone will message the input nearly EVERY minute. Even when locked it will going crazy.

Please respond in the below format if you'd like to be added to that case.

1. Yes, I would like to be added to that case.
  2. You have my permission to access my account, if needed.
  3. Yes, you have my permission to email me.
  • Two months since the first post and still no resolve. More people are added to this daily. Have had one email from support to test diagnostics. Nothing since then. This is pathetic, our watches are useless. Why are we not getting any answers. First, I had to pair my phone 20 times a day with codes, now I have to re-add the phone every time I want to retrieve or update my data. The pairing codes 20 times a day was actually better, at least it connected by itself.

• Post on all sosial medua platforms, maybe, just maybe, they will make work of this. come on Garmin, don't make me hate your product

• I'm using a Viviactive 4s with the same problem. I like yo be adder to that case, give permission to access my account and please mail me.

Kind regards and thanks

Vera

• I feel I need to share what happened today, I clicked on the Samsungwearables app on my Samsung A32, let it search for the watch in paring mode did not find any watch(obviously it was looking for a Samsung gear watch), now my watch stays connected to my phone, I have been all over our factory and office and now it stays connected - Not sure if it was a coincidence.

• Thank you for this information.  I actually returned my Vivoactive 3 last week for a refund because I was so sick of this ongoing problem.  After reading your comment, I  dug out my old Vivosmart 4 which had also been constantly disconnecting. My phone is a Samsung A22 but I found an app similar to what you mentioned (Nearby device scan),and enabled all permissions. Since then,  my watch does disconnect when I am out of range but automatically reconnects again when I am within range of my phone.  I now wish I still had my Vivoactive 3 to see whether it would work with that as well.  I am super happy with this and thank you for taking the time to provide your experience. 

• Hi all, please go and try this my watch have stayed connected the whole week.