This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Repeated bluetooth pairing codes after disconnecting watch

As a lot of people allready reported there is an issue with Android Phone/Garmin Connect App and some Garmin Watches.

My Venu 2 Plus does not automatically reconnect to the phone after leaving bluetooh range OR manually disabling bluetooth on the phone. This apperas every day since i got the watch. Maybe in 2 of 10 cases the watch will automatically reconnect. But may this is only a feeling as i dont know when the watch was loosing connection or not.

I own a Fenix 6 Plus and a Venu 2 Plus. Both connected to a single Samsung A41 Android 11 with Garmin Connect. No other devices (except Samsung buds 2) are connected to the watch. Fenix 6 Plus working fine.

When watch is getting back in bluetooth range or bluetooth is enabled on the phone i have to input the paring code displayed on the watch. Except the issue that i have to manually input the code is that the phone will message the input nearly EVERY minute. Even when locked it will going crazy.

Please respond in the below format if you'd like to be added to that case.

1. Yes, I would like to be added to that case.
  2. You have my permission to access my account, if needed.
  3. Yes, you have my permission to email me.
  • Same issue pixel 6 worked great for years on pixel 4 also and suddenly on and off Bluetooth connection with phone connecting and disconnecting all the time sometimes late at night so bad I have to take off the watch.

Clearly some recent update messed everything up. Just terrible test these updates first  before you destroy an amazing product that has worked so well for so long

I'm terribly disappointed. Thank you

• I can't find if my message posted or not but I'm having the same issue.  I have a Garmin Vivoactive 3.  Worked great with my Pixel 4 and then I got my Pixel 6 and it's been working great up until about a month and a half ago. Out of nowhere sometimes in the middle of the night my watch will vibrate and say it's disconnected and then it will keep doing the same thing over and over and over again until I just take my watch off and throw it at a wall.

I love this watch. Not sure why an update would go out to completely ruin it. Hopefully you can fix it if there is a fix  I guess good for me. I'm due for a new watch. Perhaps it's time to switch to a different maker

• I have exchanged a number of emails with Luke this morning and the only thing to come out of this is that I have been added to the case (even though I thought I  already was) and Garmin will notify me by email when a resolution is found.  No time frame was given for this unfortunately. 

• Tengo un forerunner 245 Music y desde hace un tiempo comenzó a hacerme lo mismo... no empareja y tengo que volver a sincronizar manual... Por favor que pasa? 

• Garmin, this is getting ridiculous. The problem worsened in the last week. In the past I had to type in the code several times a day. Now I have to pair my VA3 all over every time I walk too far from my phone.

Please sort it out.

Don't just email everyone fix it.

My 2016 car remembers my phone. Surely my Garmin should as well.

Yes you may email me. Please do.

South Africa.

• Thank you, the same in my case.

• Make sure you are affected by the issue "missing reconnection after getting back in bluetooth range".
    I think you having another issue and not the one that is talked about in here.
    At the moment only Samsung is affected by this stupid bug. 

• Come on , please give us some feedback, what type of time frame are we looking at, its now been more than a week, we were asked to be added to this case, I am a pro-Garmin man but this is getting ridiculous.

• Vivoactive 4 - Samsung A31

1. Yes, I would like to be added to that case.
    2. You have my permission to access my account, if needed.
    3. Yes, you have my permission to email me.
  • Hello all, we are actively investigating these reports. We will be sure to update this thread when we have more information to share.