Why is there NO WIDGET for Garmin Connect app?

Why is there no Widget for the Garmin Connect app on Android like the one they have for Fitbit?  I switched to a Vivofit 3 for a Fitbit One and am hating the manual syncing and lack of widget for my phone.  You would think they would have one...  It is 2021 after all?!?

• And seemingly still none in 2023. I want the goals IN MY FACE. Data after the fact does no good and push notifications seem naggy. But if I pick up my phone at 11:30pm and can catch up on flights in 2 minutes...I'm gonna. At least more often than if I climb into bed after midnight and see..close but failed. 

• Yep. Still a big miss in 2023, especially if Garmin is trying to attract FitBit customers. If FitBits devices didn't fail every 18 months and if FitBit actually offered some support for them, I would never have switched to my Vue SQ because the software experience and integrations overall are subpar to say the least. I'm using Google Fit aa my widget which the device syncs to (although I generally hate Google software) but I also have needed a couple of other apps to bring together the same experience I had on FitBit because Garmin doesn't play as nice in the integration area. 

• Yeah, I just switched from a galaxy watch (the first one, a survivor) and I'm missing some stuff like widgets directly on my phone to view in a glance steps, sleep, etc.

• But that's the point - many apps have customizable widgets - why not offer a few basic things?  Today's heart rate or recent heart rate trend, most recent activities, recent weight trend, etc?

• Bingo.  I moved from the Fitbit to the Garmin ecosystem because Garmin's watches feel like watches.  That I happen to have outstanding capability on.  As someone who does tech during the day and then farms at night - I never thought the flashlight would be a critical differentiator in what watch and activity tracker I select.... but here we are.

The software is good but feels aging, there aren't a lot of new features or enhancements to access the capabilities being added.  They feel like someone in the watch departments is coming up with useful things - and then the software that surround the watch are lagging considerably.