This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect and Android 10 (Q)

I just upgraded my Pixel 2 to Android Q, which released to the public today. Garmin Connect mostly works, although syncing does not seem to. The sync progress meter gets approximately 1/2 of the way around from the green dot then just spins without any progress. It has been like this for the past hour. I can force-quit the app and come back in, and the sync progress will resume at 1/2 but continue spinning indefinitely.

Some data points:

• This is after I completed a bike ride activity.
  • I am on build 4.22.1 of the Garmin Connect mobile app
  • I sync my activities to Strava
  • I have a Fenix 5x plus v8.40 that is shown as “connected” in the app

Hope that helps with the debugging. FWIW I believe Android 10 is only in wide release for Pixel users right now.

• Well, Pixel 2 XL, all software up-to-date, and as of Nov 13/19, STILL unable to connect phone and Fenix 3. Tried all kinds of fixes: uninstalled Garmin Connect AND Express from PC and phone, reboots after each. Watch doesn't seem to have any connection to the phone, so I'm at a loss :/ really want it working again...

• Jumping in to this thread as I have exhausted options.  Pixel with Fenix 3hr.  Issues started with the early October update from Google.  Will not connect to my or my wife's pixel. Did all the cache clearing, and hard resets...nothing.  Got a refurb and issue persists.  Software issue IMHO, Garmin does not seem to be investing in older models connectivity.

• My edge530 syncing issue hasn't solved, and foreathlete(forerunner) 45 isn't syncing automatically after latest GARMIN CONNECT app...

WORKAROUND

Delete Bluetooth storage and reboot Android device.

1. Setting > Storage > Other Apps > (menu)Show system apps > Bluetooth > delete storage
    2. Turn off Bluetooth & reboot your Android device
    3. Run CONNECT and turn on Bluetooth
  • Got a Fenix 5 and a OnePlus7pro, not exactly "old" stuff.

Can't be hardware related as it was working fine for month...

But now, I have the same issue.  To my experience, the mess started right after the Android upgrade to Android 10

My bet is Garmin didn't adapt to the latest Android version or didn't do the required quality checks as I'm now also experiencing the connection issues, no notifications etc

• haven't had any probs with Android 10 on Oneplus 6, sync to my Edge 830 and FR945 is very good! (latest GCM)

• I'm having the same issue getting Garmin Connect on my Pixel 3 XL, running Android 10 with all updates through today (11/22/2019). I got a vivomove HR for Mother's Day, and while it connected back then, I didn't notice that it disconnected sometime in September while I was recovering from surgery (and thus not looking at my stats every day like I had been, since I wasn't really moving). Phone and the vivomove HR are paired via bluetooth beautifully (I even turned deleted the connection, turned bluetooth off on both devices, turned it back and repaired - no issue whatsoever). I turned my phone off and then back on. Still paired. Uninstalled Connect, then reinstalled. It cannot find the vivomove HR even though they're sitting right next to each other on the desk next to me as I type this. "We are having some trouble locating your device." Really? The phone found it just fine. You're an app on that phone. The watch is right next to the phone. I'm seriously considering having Santa bring me a different fitness watch for Christmas so I can have something that's actually useful. Right now I'm left with a very pretty phone that has all these extra features that are, frankly, useless to me without the app.

• I tried complete reset and re-install, nothing could reconnect my vivoactive 3 music in android 10. The delete bluetooth cache solved the problem.