This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot save settings for Data Fields in Garmin Connect IQ

My "Save" button in Connect IQ Data Fields settings is doing nothing. Is dead.

What can I do? Thanks.

• FIrstly if I said what I want to say to the response I would get banned..

As to which version of IQ the current version(2.15) as of todays day and up until a yesterday was working fine than just stopped syncing settings  and the same issue happen  with the connect app.. Both will allow new apps etc to install and uninstall  but both will not save and settings you try to apply to the app/watchface etc.... And as it has been reported several times  by other forum users this is not an isolated issue..

• I remember that this problem in GCM occured without an app update. So they broke something in the background. Do they really have no changelog what they did during these days? Poor.

• What is now even stranger... IQ and QCM both have updated for me today. I can install NEW apps etc and change the settings + save them fine. Yet and previous/currently installed apps etc I can't!! Even if I uninstall and reinstall I still can't change the settings for apps etc I have already installed!!   Figure that one out because it has confused the HELL out of me!!!

• OK so this keeps getting stranger I can install any app BUT I can only change settings for GARMIN MADE APPS/WIDGETS ETC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Yep you ready that correctly   If it is may by garmin  changing and saving settings  works perfectly in the Phone apps. But ANYONE else's this issues noted above continues.

• I have the same problem. I can change and save the settings for Garmin's CIQ stuff, but not for third party stuff. Meanwhile I use Connect Mobile 4.48, a version from October 2021, and can change and save the settings.

• So that to me is a confiramtion the issue is GARMIN and not user....   Thank you for confirming this....... But what I do not understand is why one day it was working and the next it just started with the issue... And the phone apps had not been updated in weeks!!

PS rolling back to v4.48 did indeed FIX the issue...So THANK YOU for that tip...

PS CIQ 2.11 works fine too if you downgrade to that version

• Yes, that's really strange. The problems started without an update before. So I'll continue with CM 4.48. I also tried CIQ 2.10 but it messed up my watch with an automatic update of a watchface that was an older version, so a downgrade. Since that CIQ was published I don't know why I should use it because CM has also the functions, too.

• 8 month later - bug is still there. 

Android 10

Garmin 935

Clicking done while in settings doesn't do anything. Anything at all. Don't work for apps, data fields, everything

Downgraded Garmin Connect Mobile to 4.48, settings work. For the latest version (4.62) - it doesn't.

Unfortunately 4.48 has some other bugs while opening activities

• I do not know what the problem is, but I can save the settings of CIQ apps without any problems, regardless the version of the GC IQ app. Try saving the settings with Garmin Express instead. If it does not help, and it concerns only some CIQ apps, then it may be also a problem of the concerned app(s). In such case, the best would be contacting the developer, and asking for help.

• For me it is ANY CIQ app.... so thats not the issue..

As to the express idea... SERIOUSLY!!!  the whole point of the phone apps is so you DON'T need a PC(but then that has only JUST started to actually let me access CIQ settings in the past few weeks after two years of always says server connection issues!!!!!!)   

As to Connect and ConnectIQ   If I want too change settings both have to be  Connect 4.48 or Connect 2.11 or earlier to work...  It is as frustrating as hell and doesn't matter  is it is an android 8,9 or 12 device either same issue... and before you say report the issue... well 18 emails ;ater and no response,