Ultra 30 and Edge 100 recording different distances

I have recorded several rides now using the ultra 30 and Edge 1000, both running continuously for the entire ride. When I upload the video clips into the VIRB editor the camera will record approx 10% more distance and more elapsed time than the Edge, and I know that the Edge distance is correct.

When I import the Edge .fit file the overall distances are corrected as is the duration, but the grade is shown as if the information is in advance of the location. For example, if I ride down a hill and ascend the other side, the grade for the uphill will be shown on the downhill preceding it, and this can be only after 2km into the ride.

I always switch on the camera and edge 1000 for at least 2 minutes before I set off to ensure I have a GPS fix. I record at 1080, 30 fps.

What is going on here?

• Did you found a solution on this? I'm experiencing exactly the same issue.

• I did, yes. It took a lot of faffing about but I realised that the camera and edge were out of sync straight from the off.

Once I had aligned the two devices in editing/Gmetrix and made sure that the position on the road from the camera matched the edge's info, then everything worked perfectly well. I checked numerous junctions along the ride to ensure they were all aligned properly, and I've not had a problem since.

• Why did you aligned two devices? Haven't you connected sensors to Virb Ultra as well? Shouldn't it use it's own GPS and data from sensors that you have (cadence, speed, power meter)?

• I have all the sensors recording to the Edge as I didn't realaise it was possible to connect the sensors to the VIRB camera, but nevertheless something was always mis-aligned and after watching numerous vids on YouTube, I found the answer was to check the position on the road with the video. Once those were corrected, everything worked properly in the final video.

Both devices use GPS for their own recording but it is not exactly the same for each device, so in my experience, I have to check the video in editor to make sure what I see matches the data  on the screen, and if it doesn't then I correct it with Gmetrix.