Bluetooth Connectivity

Ok I am not sure whether it's due to the latest Garmin acquisition or the Earthmate app itself, but I used Earthmate before it changed to a Garmin icon the entire year of 2016 with no problems. Flawless. Texting, tracking, everything.

Now, the app updated, got a new icon with the Garmin logo - and it just simply will not connect in the APP. My inReach says it's connected to my phone like normal, my phone says it's connected to my inReach in the Bluetooth settings - but the app constantly says "Device Not Connected" and does not interact with my inReach at all anymore. I can't do anything.

I've tried "forgetting" the device and re-pairing it countless times. I've restarted both devices, phone and inReach countless times. I've deleted the Earthmate app and re-downloaded it twice. Nothing works.

Can you please revert back to the old version that actually worked? Or explain what is going on? I pay a high premium for this service, the unlimited plan, and expect it to work simply because it HAS worked before Garmin - it seems Garmin is the culprit because when it was just DeLorme, it worked 100% of the time without a hitch, and I never had to waste hours trying to troubleshoot it and now post on a forum somewhere hoping someone replies.