Add gmetrix to multiple clips

Hi,

my camera splits my videos after 4gb (i believe most cameras do that), and i user strava for GPS info.
whenever i add the GPX file it only applies to one clip.

Is there a way to add the GPX file to all clips?or do i need to join the video files first (using windows movie maybe?).
Bar1 .
  • You can add the same GPX file to each clip and it should sync up automatically (using the Virb FIT file for time syncing). I'm not aware of a way to add it to all clips in one operation. No need to join the clips first.

Cheers,
    Brett
  • You can add the same GPX file to each clip and it should sync up automatically (using the Virb FIT file for time syncing). I'm not aware of a way to add it to all clips in one operation. No need to join the clips first.

Cheers,
    Brett

ok clip 1, showing fine, clip 2 not syncing at all, and for some reason the time on the gauge is 3:50pm ,where it should be 7:50am

note: i am not using any Garmin products at the moment, i use an yi 2 camera and strava.
  • ok, i kinda given up on this.
    any tips for future reference?must i use something other then strava?
  • Ahh sorry, I thought you were using a Virb of some sort. Ok, that makes it trickier.

I can think of two options:
    1) For each video you need to select the same GPX file, then go into G-metrix - Data - G-Metrix Sync and manually line up the data for each clip (this will get very painful very quickly)
    2) Combine the videos into one file, then add the GPX file to that and sync as per the instructions above.

Hope that helps,
    Brett
  • I'm in this predicament now, and my advice is to stay far away from option 1 as possible! I have a one hour project spanning 4 gropro clips, and syncing up my gpx data 4 different times on a short race course is a nightmare. Instead, combine your entire footage into one mp4 file using any other video editing software (Camtasia, iMovies, whatever), and THEN fire up VIRB Edit.