Virb Edit Overlays 3.4.2

When I went to edit a movie today I went to put the overlays onto it and found there was a quite a few missing from the older version of Virb Edit, especially couldn't find a heart rate gauge or a template with it in (cycling templates)

Anyone else noticed this?
  • Virb edit in 3.4.2 now only shows gauges that it can find metrics for in your file. That's the theory anyway as I tried to create a (cycling) video and couldn't find any gauges for Power data, even when trying to create it from my Garmin Edge 510 gpx file and I know that definitely has power data in it (and have used it in previous versions of edit for the same video and have power data)

So not sure what's quite going on.
  • I find that a bit strange as I was wearing a HR strap that was connected to both my Edge 520 and the Virb XE but didn't appear as a guage and no option to select it

Will do a bit more digging.....the software seems to be getting worse not better :(
  • Virb edit in 3.4.2 now only shows gauges that it can find metrics for in your file.

This is correct. Rather than show users hundreds of gauges they had no use for, we filter out any that you have no data for. We do the same thing with templates, but with the caveat that we hide templates if you don't have ALL the data types the template uses. If you dislike this behavior, and would rather see all the gauges and templates the app has available regardless of what data you have, you can go to Menu->Settings->G-Metrix and uncheck the "Hide Overlays when I don't have G-Metrix for them" box.

If you have a fit or gpx file that has (for example) heart rate data in it, but no heart rate gauges are showing up in the guages tab, we'd be very interested in fixing that. Please send your data files my way and we'll take a look.
  • To check which data is in the G-Metrix for a clip, go to the G-Metrix tab (easiest way is to click the little graph icon on upper left of a clip in the time line).

If your sensor type (heart-rate, power) doesn't show up in the list, then there's no way we can display data for it.

Please let us know if you see data represented in the G-Metrix tab, but don't see gauges listed. Also let us know if you have files that you think should have a certain kind of data, but VIRB Edit doesn't recognize it. (Please attach the file in question so we can investigate.)

Thank you for your help.
  • I'm sorry but this is extremely not user-friendly; after recording as usual another Elite video to add to the 30+ on my Youtube in a Microlight Aircraft, it has no need or use for G-Forces when developing an engine/propeller combination in flight. All that's needed is speed, height and climb rate to assess results. Hiding all the other templates you decided weren't needed speaks of a disconnect with your wide user base, I spent hours attempting to fix this thinking the software had developed a fault, as some may have after the latest W10 updates. Would be better if the user could tidy up by deleting the templates not required via a button or list tick box, rather than just assuming they should be hidden. Surprised more Aviation bods aren't writing in or even using other software entirely. An own goal as we say in the UK...