VIRB Edit Javascript Error

I get the following error in the right side of panel when attempting to manually do a g-Metrix sync, and again if I try to use the Map tab.

"This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details."

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/WO6fpPU

Additionally, my actual video is ~5 minutes long, but the right panel is showing 40 minutes. This is the first run on a freshly formatted memory card. This is with the latest version of the software as of this post, v5.4.2.

Any insight would be great. I got this camera (Virb Ultra 30) specifically for the G-Metrix and every video I make has them badly and unusably out of sync.
  • This issue has been resolved on Windows, but is still outstanding on Mac. I usually shy away from giving specific time frames for fixes and updates, but I will say I'll be very disappointed if maps are not working in Mac VirbEdit by this time tomorrow...
  • This issue is not resolved for Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, neither GPX or FIT file loads Google Maps. Current Ver 5.4.2 .
  • It is working for me in Windows. There is a watermark that says "for development purposes only", but it does work. I did have to re-install VIRBEdit to get it to work, however.
  • works for me on a Mac since last night... w/o re-install
  • It is working for me in Windows. There is a watermark that says "for development purposes only", but it does work. I did have to re-install VIRBEdit to get it to work, however.

Please be careful about telling everyone to re-install. It should not be needed. OR are you saying when you re-installed, you now have access to the full map, and not just the dev only map?
  • You don't have to re-install because Garmin still hasn't fixed anything. Google opened up their free API for a brief window to allow users who'd been crippled by the shutdown, some basic functionality again. This is why you see the "development version" watermark, the zoom doesn't work, etc. Google will be pulling this rug out from under Garmin again shortly. Anyone want to take bets on whether they've fixed the issue by then?

While we're on the topic, anyone want to explain to me why I have to manually sync the telemetry stream in the first place? It's no harder to sync any other datastream with video frames than it is to sync audio, but you don't see anyone syncing their audio and video manually anymore. Clapper boards may still exist, but they serve a completely different purpose.
  • There was a caching issue with our CDN that was preventing the fix to roll out as quickly as we wanted it to, but the maps should be working again on both platforms. On Mac, if you're still seeing the "development version" overlay, it's because the web view caches the page locally. Right-click on the map view and select "Reload" to refresh the page.
  • There was a caching issue with our CDN that was preventing the fix to roll out as quickly as we wanted it to, but the maps should be working again on both platforms. On Mac, if you're still seeing the "development version" overlay, it's because the web view caches the page locally. Right-click on the map view and select "Reload" to refresh the page.

Thanks for getting us fixed up!