Garmin Virb Lens Distortion Correction in Post Production

It would be great if Garmin could include a lens correction feature that could be applied during post production in Garmin Virb Edit (like GoPro's Quik application does) as the lens distortion (fisheye effect) of the short focal length is terrible. I know that there is the ability to set the Virb to lens correct during filming but this greatly narrows the field of view and IMO does not work that great nor offer the flexibility that can be provided during post production.

I am curious as to what free applications people are using on a Mac to do lens correction in post. I know that Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere and Davinci Resolve Studio provide these features but I am not willing to pay for another application just to do lens correction (when Garmin Virb Edit should have this as standard like GoPro).

I know there is a workflow that is theoretically possible using Photoshop (Google this if interested) but it is cumbersome and I have yet to successfully export a corrected file without the application crashing. The only product I believe is viable is Nuke but this is a super sophisticated and not sure I want to go through the steep learning curve of such an application for one feature.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.