G3 Charts in Homeport????

I upgraded my G2 charts to the latest 2019 charts (which are now called G3 charts) this past spring, and since, they do NOT work in Homeport which of course we use for waypoint and route planning.  I get a blanked out space where the chart chip covers (VUS511L which covers Boston to Norfolk). And I have no data at all basically for the fishing charts.  I now get 4 drop down charts to choose from, but they all look just like the basic "World Map" that comes free with Homeport.

They also do NOT work properly in my GPSMap 7215 chart plotter.  I get no bathymetric data on the fishing charts.

Garmin HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Hi!

I've got an EU014R-Italy, Adriatic Sea G3 Bluechart, and it works well with HomePort. It is the HXEU14R, not the Vision version.

Gy.

• I believe that only the US charts are G3 at the moment.  Garmin Express has the bad habit of saying all the charts are G3 when in fact they are the G2 data still.  I have spoken with Garmin Support about this and they said that HomePort has not been updated to be able to view the G3 charts and they made it seem like they had not received enough feedback to make it worth their while.

Everyone that wants G3 to work in HomePort, contact Garmin Support and ahem ask nicely that they update the software to be able to show the new charts.  It sounds like they don't want to update it and that they think the ActiveCaptain app is good enough.

• Echomap plus 92sv. Très déçu de ne plus pouvoir gérer mes routes et waypoints avec les cartos G3 sur PC. ActiveCaptain n'est pas la solution. GARMIN, merci de corriger rapidement cette trahison de ceux qui utilisent BlueChart depuis des années et vous ont fait confiance en achetant vos nouveaux modèles et cartos non compatibles avec l'expérience utilisateur antérieure qui était bien meilleure.

• +1 for Homeport update... 

ActiveCaptain is definitely not a substitute for Homeport.   I had my G3 Vision chart working in Homeport (basic stuff, coastline, contours, etc), now all of a sudden a couple of days ago Homeport quit recognizing any charts on SD cards.  So frustrating!    We are supposed to plan trips and organize waypoints on a cell phone?!!  Come on Garmin...time to update Homeport!!!!

• Je complète mon post d'il y a 10 mois resté sans réponse de Garmin.

Echomap plus 92sv. Très déçu de ne plus pouvoir gérer mes routes et waypoints avec les cartos G3 sur PC. GARMIN, merci par avance de prendre en compte les cartes G3 dans Homeport ou de me fournir les G2 gratuitement.

• I, too, tried everything to get my Canada LakeVu g3 charts to work in Homeport. No joy. I assumed the "compatible with g2" indication was just an update oversight, after all who would release a data update that makes the paired software useless? Apparently Garmin. I am appalled at the poor quality and lack of support provided by Garmin. The Homeport software is very poorly implemented. Also, it is ridiculous to update charts without ensuring the new charts work on the desktop software. We are now almost a year into the availability of the g3 charts and still they don't work in Homeport. Makes me regret my decision to buy Garmin. I certainly won't again, nor will I recommend their products to anyone else.