Viewing Sidevu Files in HomePort

Former Member
Former Member
Am I able to view sidevu or RSD files in Homeport? I dont have my device with me as its on the boat but I have downloaded the RSD files onto my PC but Homeport does not seem to be able to see them.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Brad
  • Sidevu playback in homeport is still NFG

Just installed new 7607xsv on my Grady. Totally awesome. BUT.. play back of SideVu data really sux. Have tried Homeport 2.2.10 on both PC and Mac. Traditional & DownVu work great, but SideVu displays nothing unless I select manual gain,Orange color & max out gain & contrast, and it's still not very good.

Any suggestions??
  • purpose of the forum

I see many questions here that are unanswered. what is the purpose of having the forum is the moderator wont step in an answer if not direct the right thread?
  • Sorry but as moderators we don't have expertise on every Garmin product. For detailed device issues and anywhere else where users (as these are mainly user to user forums) can't help you your best bet is to call Product Support.

HomePort in particular is a niche product with few experts around to help (if indeed any).
  • Couldn't the developers answer the questions?
  • They could if there are any and they read these forums.
  • Hey all, 

I had the same trouble. Couldnt open the .RSD file. We had to do some study on Sea-Bottom profile. We used Garmin device to collect data off shore. The folder with all the data was sent to us over email. The files were in .RSD format. I downloaded them but could not read them in Homeport. Turns out, that you have to copy the entire folder onto a memory stick. I did that. Then opened Homeport on my computer and a new Devices sidebar is added under My Collection with all the files I earlier couldnt view.

Long story short: Copy the entire folder onto a memory stick and then they become readable in Garmin Homeport. Download software for free here https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/p/64242#overview

• Hey all, 

I had the same trouble. Couldn't open the .RSD file. We had to do some study on Sea-Bottom profile. We used Garmin device to collect data off-shore. The folder with all the data was sent to us over email. The files were in .RSD format. I downloaded them but could not read them in Homeport. Turns out, that you have to copy the entire folder onto a memory stick. I did that. Then opened Homeport on my computer and a new Devices sidebar was added under My Collection with all the files I earlier could not view.

Long story short: Copy the entire folder onto a memory stick and then they become readable in Garmin Homeport.

Download and install Homeport software for free https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/p/64242#overview

• It sounds like you're having trouble viewing SideVu or RSD files in HomePort. While I can't provide a direct solution without knowing the specifics, here are a couple of suggestions:

1. Check File Compatibility: Ensure that the file formats (SideVu or RSD) are compatible with HomePort. Sometimes, specific file types may not be supported.

2. Update HomePort: Make sure you have the latest version of HomePort installed. Updates often include compatibility improvements and bug fixes.

3. File Location: Double-check that HomePort is looking in the correct folder for your downloaded files. Sometimes, the software might not automatically detect files if they are not in the expected directory.

If the issue persists, it might be beneficial to consult the HomePort documentation or reach out to their support for more tailored assistance. Remember, troubleshooting can be a bit like detective work, but hopefully, these suggestions help!