Homeport and ActiveCaptain

Homeport incorporated ActiveCaptain data in their latest release which is great and works well.
However when I create routes in Homeport, save those routes to an SD card and upload the routes to my Garmin 740, no ActiveCaptain data transfers.

Is is possible to transfer ActiveCaptain data from homeport to my Garmin 740? Sure hope so as this is valuable data to have on the chartplotter.
  • TIMEJET101, I am looking for information to transfer "active captain" data to my garmin 740. Were you able to figure anything out?

Mike D
  • TIMEJET101, I am looking for information to transfer "active captain" data to my garmin 740. Were you able to figure anything out?

Mike D

I think ActiveCaptain is working on getting Garmin to do this, but to my knowledge it has not yet been implemented.
  • G'Day Mate,
    Just thought I would throw my two cents in. Active Captain Data is not transferable to my Garmin 546s although if you are a registered user with Active Capt you can get an E-Card and connect with all other boaters that also have a card.
    I find that this is working best by using my ipad and collecting othe Active Ecard users. Form a group of your area and share the contacts of other boaters in your area.

Where I live there is a wealth of info from other active captains of the local waterways. While Im out on the water i look them up.
    A modern day version of the VHF radio. With people that are doing the same thing you are doing on that day.
    Limited but fun.
  • I am trying to import Active Captain data into our new Garmin 6208 chartplotter on our sailboat. I have been successful getting Active Captain on HomePort on my Macbook Pro but want Active Captain markers to display on my 6208 chartplotter.

If anyone knows how to do this or if it's possible, please post.

Sailor