This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Tracks no longer contain date and time data for each index point

I'm not sure whether or not this happened when I upgraded to ver 2.3.0, but I am very fearful that years of useful data could possibly be lost forever through no fault of my own:

I no longer see any speed, date, or time information for points along any of my tracks. I had noticed in the past that some imported tracks lacked this info, but all of those tracks imported over the past few years from my 62st and 64st handhelds would include this information. Now, the only columns in the Get Info window for ALL tracks in HomePort are: Index, Leg Distance, Leg Course, and Position.

I had often used track date and time information to plan future outings and resolve questions about adventures we had been on by looking back at the speed achieved on previous outings. I could also match the date and time stamp on trip photos and appropriately caption them by placing them along the track.

Why, oh why, has this data disappeared? Can I get it back?
Parents
  • No. This is NOT something that the average user should need to do.

I dug deep within my iMac's Library in search of clues, found two file folders with names of the two versions of HomePort I had used so far, and, on a hunch, deleted the folder with the new version's name, manually changed the number of the old version's folder to match the new version number, and got lucky.

I seriously doubt that that most folks are going to go through this because "it's something you generally have to do..." ???
  • No. This is NOT something that the average user should need to do.

I dug deep within my iMac's Library in search of clues, found two file folders with names of the two versions of HomePort I had used so far, and, on a hunch, deleted the folder with the new version's name, manually changed the number of the old version's folder to match the new version number, and got lucky.

I seriously doubt that that most folks are going to go through this because "it's something you generally have to do..." ???
Children
No Data