This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express won't sign into my Garmin Connect Account

So I've downloaded Garmin Express, and installed. It recognises my devices (FR 220, Edge 500) but when I select it asks to me to enter the log in details for my Garmin Connect account to "sync with an existing account".
So I enter my username and password, hit sign in and it just reloads the the same log on page again.
The only other option at this point is to create a new account (don't need another one, and my log in details are 100% correct - I've even reset my password) or log in with social media.

This is a screen shot of the page:

For the record, I can log into Garmin Connect online so my account is 100% ok as are my login details. It is recognising my devices just not my Garmin Connect account.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Garmin Express twice. No joy.

on an iMac, all up to date.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 10 years ago
    Same here. Still no luck. At the risk of being redundant, there is no error returned. It just gets to the log-in dialog, you put in your credentials, click "sign in" or hit enter, and it returns the same log-in dialog with your credentials removed.
  • Former Member
    I think I'm having the same issue as well. Are you all seeing that you can "apparently" login into your existing account on the Garmin Connect Website from the Garmin Express Application; however...the Garmin Express software simply hangs on the "Loading Connect data..." and spins indefinitely? Pls advise. Thank you.
  • Former Member
    Hi David, unfortunately it won't get past the log-in portion for those of us in this thread. I can still go directly to the Garmin Connect site and my log-in works fine there. However, they're removing the option to upload using Garmin Connect and Garmin Express will be the only show in town so I'm hoping they can get it working. You might want to try out the steps that the gent from Garmin posted. Since your issue is a little different, it may help you out. Thanks!
  • Former Member
    Hi and thanks for the clarification. The only suggestion I've seen - and I trust it's the same one you're referring to - is to delete all of the Gramin instances in the Keychain Access utility. Is that the one you were referring to, or is the perhaps another set of suggestions? Thank you.
  • I did as Curt from Garmin Customer Care suggested and deleted the keychain items that related to Garmin

Still not working... issue is as described above, it recognises devices but simply will not sign into GarminConnect account but just reloads the sign in prompt
  • Sorry to hear everyone is still having trouble. Is everyone here working with an Edge?

Try deleting the GarminDevice.xml file from the device then syncing.

• Open the Garmin mounted drive in Finder
    • Open the Garmin folder
    • Throw the GarminDevice.xml file in the Trash
    • Empty the Trash
    • Eject/Disconnect the Edge and start it up

Connect the Edge and try again. The Edge will recreate a new version of the GarminDevice.xml file, hopefully correcting any missing XML data.

Has anyone tried the Master Reset suggested in my original post? Users in another post indicated that the issue wasn't corrected until the Master Reset was performed. You can still use Classic view to upload data to Connect before hand if needed.

Curt
  • Okay, whilst still having the issue on my iMac 10.7.5, I have loaded Express onto my Macbook 10.9.2. I have done nothing to the Edge 510 and the account sync worked first time.

Please note this does not fix my issue, as I want to use my iMac.

Regards,

Ian.
  • Here are the instructions for completely uninstalling Express from the 10.7.5 Mac. FAQ: How do I completely uninstall Garmin Express? Uninstalling Garmin Express using these instructions will remove all traces of the Edge. If this doesn't correct the issue you'll need to use the Macbook 10.9.2.

Curt
  • David, I'm seeing the same problem you are: getting a successful login but then hanging in the "Loading Connect data..." screen. I had a working install of Express and last uploaded on April 25th (or at least that's when the last uploaded activity was). I noticed that since then (April 30) I installed the 10.9 "Security Update 2014-002". So my current theory is that something in that security update blocked the connection between Express and the Connect server. Does that sound like a plausible theory to anyone else?
  • I have uninstalled, reinstalled, updated all my software, reset my devices.... no joy

It DOES recognise my device, however GARMIN EXPRESS will NOT sign into my account and simply reloads the log in prompt.

iMac 10.7.5
    Using both Garmin Forerunner 220 and Garmin Edge 500