This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express won't sign into my Garmin Connect Account

So I've downloaded Garmin Express, and installed. It recognises my devices (FR 220, Edge 500) but when I select it asks to me to enter the log in details for my Garmin Connect account to "sync with an existing account".
So I enter my username and password, hit sign in and it just reloads the the same log on page again.
The only other option at this point is to create a new account (don't need another one, and my log in details are 100% correct - I've even reset my password) or log in with social media.

This is a screen shot of the page:

For the record, I can log into Garmin Connect online so my account is 100% ok as are my login details. It is recognising my devices just not my Garmin Connect account.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Garmin Express twice. No joy.

on an iMac, all up to date.
  • I am having the same issue :(
  • I am having the same problem
  • Can you log in directly on the Connect Log in page? That's working for me.

Express does seem to have an issue at the moment. Hopefully the Express team will be along shortly with an update, although given it's Easter Monday maybe not until tomorrow!
  • I can log into Garmin Connect directly but they are upgrading Garmin Connect and the new version will only upload activities via Garmin Express. I got the option to move to the new Garmin Connect platform today and had to switch back as I can't upload activities in the new format. Once the old format is fully superseded GarminExpress is going to a must.
  • I can log into Garmin connect web pages with no problems, as above I also had to switch back to classic otherwise I cannot load rides

Also for reference, I am running OSX 10.7.5
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 10 years ago
    Same problem here. Garmin Express is functionally unusable until this is resolved and seems to be required for interfacing with the new modern site.

I'm running 10.9.2 and as the first poster did, have uninstalled and reinstalled Express and confirmed that my credentials are all correct.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 10 years ago
    Ditto.. Express still down for Macs. 1 week and counting!
  • I am running Mac OSX 10.9.2 with Garmin Express 3.1.4 and having no issues syncing to my Garmin Connect account. If receiving errors when trying to add a new device and sync with an existing account, there might be an issue with a Keychain entry.

Open the Keychain Access Utility and select All Items under Category on the left. Scan the list of items and delete anything having to do with Garmin. Restart the Mac then try to sync again.

Performing a Master Reset on the device in conjunction with clearing out the Keychain may also be a solution.

Curt
  • Did full rebuild of keychain, and re-install of express, still not working!!