This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express reports Unable to Sync activity data with my 1030... no kidding.

Every other time that I click on the Sync button in Garmin Express (Mac), I get a popup with the title: "Unable to Sync" which says: We couldn't sync the daily activity data (i.e., steps taken) from this device because it's not set as your activity tracker.

Why am I getting this popup? It's an Edge 1030. I don't think it can record steps taken. So why is Express reporting this? It seems to think this is an activity tracker that has not been selected.

It does provide a link with the text: "Change Activity Tracker". This link, of course, goes nowhere. To be precise, it goes to: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/devices. Here I get the message: [h=2]Page Not Found[/h]
We're sorry. The page you're looking for no longer exists.

FYI: This does not happen with my 1000, just the 1030. Both are up to the latest firmware, both have roughly the same data and apps. Express is also up to the latest version (6.4.0.0).

• Today I tried to add my new Fenix 5 x Plus with Garmin Express and received after the Fenix was recognized an error 500 server error. On the support they told me that they do have problems with Garmin Express on Mac with Mojave and I should use a windows PC to add. So now I have my 5x+ on the windows and all the rest on the Mac, which is also frustrating, because I thought that all the information are at Garmins server, so I could just register/add and then I could go back to my mac to configure when necessary. No way! Only my old devices were visible!
    I also experienced that the 5 plus will not be recognized as device, so you have to work with the Android Filetransfer App for Backup and Restore and if you are not quit the program the Garmin Express will not even detect the 5 plus.

Any ideas?
  • Peter.Sindel
    As noted, it's a problem with Garmin Express on the Mac.

Although the message appears, the data is synched and workouts transferred. When I use GE on my Mac, I get a message telling me that Android File Transfer must be closed. If I click on that message AFT is closed then GE will start and my device(s) connected.

All the information is indeed on the Garmin Servers. What you have is your device connected to GE Windows and not GE Mac but all the data available from Garmin Connect on the interweb or Mobile.

I have been successful at getting new devices added to my account from GE on the Mac. Have you tried adding the watch again using GE on the Mac? You can have the device connected to Windows GE and Mac GE - I have, as sometimes I cannot update my device using GE on the Mac.