This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express Music button missing

i have just bought a Garmin forerunner 645 - I am trying to put music on it from my PC. i have installed Garmin Express and updated ass software on the watch. When I connect to device on PC there is no music button to click on. All advice online say click on music button to select music but there is no music button on the home screen of Garmin Express.

Any help please

• Has anyone had any luck with this or has anyone contacted Garmin?

• Turned out I was mistaken on this one ... my VivoActive 3 watch in fact does not support music despite having a music player widget; since it is not the VivoActive 3 Music version. Hence the missing button on Garmin Express. It's probably just me that made this error GrimacingGrimacing  Nonetheless @Garmin, respond to your forums!

• same issue here, i have a fenix 5.  All tutorials say to click on garmin express music button, which i do not have.  Anyone having luck?

• Same problem with garmin express upgrade in 3/8/21 Any garmin support team that can give us any advise???

• fenix 6 and a venu sq....an no music option on the garmin express whatsoever  ...so please Garmin fix this ...anytime would be good  :/

• fenix 6 and a venu sq....an no music option on the garmin express whatsoever

The fēnix 6 and Venu SQ do not support on device music storage so the 'Music' option will not appear in Garmin Express for these devices.

The 'Music' option will only appear in Garmin Express for devices that support on device music storage, such as the fēnix 6 Pro and the Venu Sq — Music Edition.

• Well I may have not listed the watch versions 100% correct...the point is I have music stored on the watch...I used to use it to listen to music while running....but now I have no way to add to or remove said music on the watch ....so something is up  :D 

• Well I may have not listed the watch versions 100% correct

And that is why I came to the conclusion that you were attempting to add music to devices that do not support that feature.

but now I have no way to add to or remove said music on the watch

You could use 'Windows Explorer', or you file manager of choice, to manage the music files on your device.

I have to manage the audio files using 'Windows Explorer' because all my audio files are on network storage, which Garmin Express does not support as a source.

• Is this a final conclusion? I hope not..

I thoroughly compared sports watches on a few criteria, music being a must have... I've watched those reviews / films on experienced sports people using watches discussing their (in)abilities. Vivoactive 3 was there, I didn't see anything of a separate Music version?  

• Same problem, yet no clue.