This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express - Sorry we are having a problem communicating with our servers

My Edge 820 refuses to sync with the Garmin servers with the above error. The odd thing is my Forerunner 235 syncs with no issues.
The 820 was working fine until a couple of weeks ago, but now refuses to connect. I have reinstalled Garmin express to the latest version with no success. Running windows 10

• Another forum member has spoken to Garmin and they have said there is a fault in the Asia Pacific region. I have tried about 6 computers (2 mac, 4 PC) on several different internet connections. None will work. It's most definitely a fault on Garmin's end - especially with how many people are reporting the issue in the forums (only in the last couple of weeks or so)
  • https://www.garmin.com/au/support/contact-support

That was a waste of time... 3 days to get a canned response about restarting my computer and checking firewalls. I even wrote in my ticket about the steps I had taken to resolve the issue and it was ignored......
  • I am in the same boat.
    Over the last several weeks I have tried everything from all the FAQs and other links that SUSSAMB and other have suggested, on 3 different computers and a laptop, and using different internet sources both inside and outside my house (Australia region).
    But my Edge 820 stubbornly refuses to "check for updates" with the "problem communicating with our servers" message popping up every time - it does sync activities though.

My ForeRunner, Nuvi and Navigator are all continuing to work fine with Express with both sync and updates.
  • Hello! Well, after conctact the client suport, i have to send my Fénix 3HR.
  • Hello! The custom suport is taking ages to help me. So i been everything to get back the garmin expres to work! After a couple of days, of install and reinstall, i install a portable program called: advance care system. The program did some dark magic!!! Voilá! Garmin express now work!!! Coincidenca or not....
  • So that would indicate an issue with your system, great you got it sorted :)