Basecamp -> Dezl 560, activity profile lost

Hello,

I have several routes in Basecamp with the 'trucking' activity profile set. These routes have been created from a track within Basecamp. Then I chose the option to the delete the extra route points from the routes. So these have only 2 waypoints defining them, a start and an end waypoint.
However when I transfer these routes from Basecamp to my device (dezl 560), the activity profile set in Basecamp seems lost. Because the device shows a car in the trip planner when opening my route. When I change the activity profile on the device (or start navigating this route with the trucking profile selected) the route is recalculated. And because of there are only 2 waypoints it calculates a route of about 300-500 meters while the route itself was about 20km long. (Both the start and end point are roughly in the same place).

Is there a way to transfer my route including the activity profile set in Basecamp to my device?
  • Well if you delete the extra points then your Dezl will simply calculate the route between the 2 remaining points. You need to send the full route.
  • Well when I select the type of transportation used on the dezl to car instead of truck. It will navigate me around my planned route as I expect (which still has only 2 waypoints). But when i set my to device to truck and navigate that route or change the activity profile of that route from 'driving' to 'trucking'. It forces a recalculation and then things start going wrong.

Why won't basecamp sync the activity profile with the device? That way it won't force a recalculation when my device is set with a truck as transportion.
  • Why won't basecamp sync the activity profile with the device? That way it won't force a recalculation when my device is set with a truck as transportion.

On that I have no idea, hopefully the Basecamp developers will. I suspect it's a limitation of the device, rather than Basecamp.
  • This sounds like a device setting. Does the trucking profile on BaseCamp match the settings for the trucking profile on the Dezl?