Script error on that page - VIRB EDIT - API ISSUES

Hello all,

Today i had a issue when i tried to gauge my GPX metrix on video. When i choose the file and the app dont show the map on left panel, open a window saying that happens an error on script page.

Line: 0

Car: 0

Error: Script Error

Code: 0

URL: https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=AIzaSyALG6yLmg2-yxayqbcZVVAolcIUzcX8eoc&sensor=false&v=3.12

Want execute theses script in that page? Yes  or No?

img link: drive.google.com/.../view

after i click on yes, shows another message:

You are using an incompatible browser with API maps JavaScript. Try to use another browser.

Know more > link: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#unsupported-browsers

exit

link img: drive.google.com/.../view

Last week i gauge another video with gmetrix without issues. This thing happens w someone?

• I continue to use Garmin Virb Edit.

The only thing that is not working is the time sync due to google maps API changes.

The GPX or Fit files only take geo localization once per second or even once per 2 or 3 seconds, depending on the app you use to record the track.

In my case, I know precisely when and where I want to sync because my paragliding flight track emits a sound 15 seconds after takeoff. So I only have to ADD or Delete geolocalization trackpoints to achieve the beginning of the video. 

In case you want to use for example a GOPRO, film yourself starting for example the RECORD on Strava.

Later on, when you want to sync, you just need to know the exact minutes and seconds of the video on, when you started it.(you can use VLC for that) 

Then you need to add a single track point at the beginning of your GPX/FIT files with the time of the first one less that time.  

You can use other methods, as the FIT/GPX files are very simple to handle.

• vcbb10 8 days ago in reply to Benjapol_Piyawanichpong
    There are two 'workarounds' now. Both involve editing video timestamps mostly outside of Garmin Virb Edit.

Why it broke: Something about the Google Maps API that Virb Edit uses changed and broke the time sync for Virb Edit. Virb Edit isn't really maintained anymore, so I wouldn't expect a software fix for the software itself, only external workarounds.

Editing the video file timestamps:
    forums.garmin.com/.../garmin-virb-edit-video-and-data-sync-workaround

Editing Virb Edit XML files with video timestamps:
    forums.garmin.com/.../virb-edit-fix-for-api-issues-syncing-g-metrix-data-video-by-altering-xml-files

• The best app by far is Telemetry Overlay Telemetry Overlay (trial) | Download and test Telemetry Overlay for free (goprotelemetryextractor.com).  Yes it costs money, but it's way better than anything else out there (including Garmin). I've been using it for a long while now and find it very easy to use and incredibly efficient when creating videos with telemetry.  Looks like a lot of the YouTubers with big followings are using it too.  I know a lot of people on here baulk at the cost, but that's a choice you either take or don't.  Personally, I wouldn't go back to Garmin, even if they fixed the issues.

• I tried it and it is too expensive for what it offers. It's not worth as long as there are free software out there. I installed Daswhare and it offers all what a regular user needs

• I have tried that software. The trial version has just basic function and does not show full capability (so it's not really impress me - it's the telemetry overlay mistake to just put so little feature on 3-day trail version). Garmin workflow - also save a lot of time for me try to trim a bit of each video clip and export at once.
    Somehow I also can work around with Virb again so i am stick to the Virb.

Maybe you can tell me more if you have full functionality of gauges and can do several quick trim on multiple footages , that may make me interest again.

• Yes, you can edit small snippets from a single file.

And unlike Garmin, it doesn't force you to re-create entire file if you want to do multiple segments. You can export exactly what you want. (if memory serves me right, when I did the trim left or trim right function, I couldn't go back to how it was before.)

The software works fantastically well and no errors so far. The export process is also faster than virb edit, and I find the file size to be smaller by default.

The gauges also have lots of customization. And like Garmin, if you have a particular overlay that you like, you can save it.

You have more of a granular quality in regards to the export and file size as well.

The developer is also open to ideas, is quite responsive and continues to add new features.

I came here to provide an update over my experience with the software since I purchased it, and saw your message and decided to respond. :-)

I am not a power user, stick with the most basic features, and I'm quite happy with it.