This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Feature Request: Sleep Widget

Hi, Garmin officer,  I know currently Sleep tracking can be checked in Garmin Connect apps in phone, but I cannot check it directly on my watch, which is more practical and easier to access I guess. 

I would appreciate if you could provide Sleep Widget in GARMIN VENU in your next software update. Thanks!

• We all would appreciate it, I think we all want the Firstbeat algorithm and widget for our Venu. 

• When the VivoActive HR was released, its publicity pamphlet showed a Sleep widget but it never saw the day. I doubt we'll ever see it.

• We really need Sleep tracking to be improved, dramatically.

The current implementation is inaccurate and overall useless.  I have to manually adjust the time I think I went to sleep and the wake-up time every day if I read in bed, or linger after I wake up.  It's just primitive, on par with my old Samsung watch from 5 years ago.

It's the main reason I would not buy or recommend another Garmin product if this is not fixed.

• Hello! Thank you for your feedback! I am not sure if this is something that will be implemented but still appreciate the feedback. 

• Hello Amber! I wonder why, when most Garmin Venu users have been soooo desperate about Sleep Widget, why Garmin is still so ignorant about the feature. Doesn't customers' need is what producers should look into?

Thanks.

• Unfortunately it's not just Venu users, it's also us Vivoactive4 users, which is almost the same watch. There are a lot of discussions about this in our forums and I can assure you that Garmin is putting in as little effort to fix these things as in here. Their response is always like ''sorry, we don't know'' or ''did you try connecting your watch to the connect app on pc?'' I also wouldn't recommend another watch from Garmin, I am very unhappy about the software support from Garmin. The watch is out for more that a year and it is still annoying to use it because co many bugs and glitches persist...

• Terrible. They've become too big and branched out too far to care about improving the watches they already have out.

• One of the major reasons to have a smart watch for me is to track my sleep as I'm a shift worker. I had a huawei GT2 which done this superbly but lacked other features so I changed to garmin 3 days ago.

I am actually shocked how bad the sleep tracking is on this watch. Its not even close to being right. 

Last nights example, I went to sleep at 3am because I was watching TV in bed (got into bed at 1:45) and yet the garmin says I was sleeping from 2330. I was up walking around at 230am.

That's so far out its not funny ho bad this is. I have this watch 5 days and it might be going back. 

• I bought myself a venu and my girlfriend a fitbit and she can accurately record her sleep, with the odd manual intervention, but the venu obviously doesn't use the right metrics to tell when I'm awake or asleep.  It doesn't get my asleep time right, it doesn't get how long I'm awake for during the night right, for some reason it thinks that as soon as I'm not walking around, I'm asleep again.  Just useless.  C'mon.  It's such a great feature on other watches, but if you're not going to do it so it's usable, take out the feature altogether.  Unless the sleep is fixed by the time I next buy a wearable, it's unlikely to be a garmin.