This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Live Track Autostart not working

I've been using Autostart with LiveTrack for many months without problem. However, for no obvious reason it has suddenly stopped working. When I start a ride LiveTrack no longer automatically starts.

Starting LiveTrack manually works fine and I receive notifications from my phone on my 820 - all of which seems to eliminate any Bluetooth connectivity issues. Both phone (Android, Samsung S7 Edge) and 820 have the latest software installed.

Anyone had a similar issue, or, even better, know the cause and solution?
  • I’m having issues as well. Live track worked fine most of last week and then quite working on Saturday and again today. Hoping there is a fix soon.
  • LiveTrack works fantastic with my Edge 1000. I recently upgraded to an Edge 1030 (sw ver 4.00). LiveTrack is now completely unreliable/rendered useless. Also, BT connectivity appears to be bogus. SMS doesn't work and never has (again, works fine with my 1000). 1030 and S7 show connected when they really don't behave as such. I figure crash notification has to be broken too. Sigh. See images for versions and "receipts". PS you make me reduce my images to nothing and then they shrink to an illegible size when uploaded...

5/24: Upgraded to 4.00 from 3.97. No change. Galaxy S7 keeps trying to reconnect via BT to 1030. Also, auto upload of rides isn't working... However, one good event was that the 1030 told me about a phone call I was getting.ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1350576.jpg
  • I lost BLE_Edge 820 after the recent firmware 9.0 update, and my iPhone will not pair with BT_Edge 820 (the only option). Live Track doesn't show up/work on Garmin Connect unless paired. Unfortunately I use this feature a lot so my wife knows my location, when I'll be home, incident notification, etc.
  • Having the same issue using LiveTrack both with and without the connection to Strava Beacon. LiveTrack isn't working for me regardless of whether I choose to manual start or the Autostart feature. Currently using a Fenix5S software version 8.00, paired to an iPhone X running iOS 11.3.1, Garmin Connect app version 4.6.0.18 and Strava app version 47.0.0. None of it works successfully.
  • Since last 'connect' update, livetrack autostart does not work anymore. (invitation by e-mail on garmin edge 810 & android). Checking out why I found manual start gives an error like 'can't send invitation, try again later'.
    Although I had installed the newest version I reinstalled once more (5-may 2018). No luck :(
  • Same here, Edge 520 iphone 8. Been working fine until the last four rides. No live track. Have stopped and restarted the livetrack and strava beacons but no messages or emails are being sent. Crash detection works though.
  • I’m having issues as well. Live track worked fine most of last week and then quite working on Saturday and again today. Hoping there is a fix soon.

I gave up and bought a Wahoo Elemnt. Done with this BS.
  • Has anyone figured a work around? I tried to run Cyclemeter, which has very easy to use tracking, but could not run it and the Garmin Connect app (I use for Training Peaks) at same time.
  • Since Sunday 27th of May LiveTrack start automatically again.
    Use iPhoneSE iOS 11, GCM version 4.6.0.18 with Edge 820 fw.9
  • A little over two weeks now since release of GCM 4.6.4 and it's clear that LiveTrack autostart is still not working reliably. There are 2 problems:

1. About 20% of the time LiveTrack never autostarts at all. No error messages, it simply does not start.
    2. Of the 80% of the time that LiveTrack does autostart, it NEVER autostarts at the start of the ride - the LiveTrack session only starts when I'm 5 or 10 minutes into the ride.