This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Swim activities on GC Calendar

Just been on (new)GC and have noticed that the calendar view doesn't allow me to add my swim activities.

How do I remedy this?
Thanks
  • Just tried this on iPhone X and GC on the interweb. Was able to add an activity in both locations. Just to clarify, I was manually adding an activity that had been completed, not adding a workout for the future.
  • If I add a workout to my schedule with notes in via gc on my phone on android I can then see the notes afterwards if I go into the scheduled workout from the calendar
  • Still not got an answer to this thread anyone ?

I tried to sort this out with Garmin support starting 22 March. after numerous emails back and forth where i got the feeling that nobody understood the problem, i had a response on 4 May from garmin support :

'As this is by design, it doesn't need sorting'.

Exasperated to say the least i am.

To re-iterate i had downloaded an Olympic triathlon training plan to Garmin Connect on my iphone.

The running and cycling activities from the training plan show on the Garmin connect Calendar.

But the swimming activity from the training plan is not in the calendar.

Which is very annoying because when i'm running or cycling i can follow the plans on my 735xt.
  • Still not got an answer to this thread anyone ?

I tried to sort this out with Garmin support starting 22 March. after numerous emails back and forth where i got the feeling that nobody understood the problem, i had a response on 4 May from garmin support :

'As this is by design, it doesn't need sorting'.

Exasperated to say the least i am.

To re-iterate i had downloaded an Olympic triathlon training plan to Garmin Connect on my iphone.

The running and cycling activities from the training plan show on the Garmin connect Calendar.

But the swimming activity from the training plan is not in the calendar.

Which is very annoying because when i'm running or cycling i can follow the plans on my 735xt.

That's BS- the ability to build swim workouts is relatively recent, and I think they just haven't gone back in and updated the triathlon plans by making them actual workouts instead of notes. They were notes when they originally made the training plans available because there simply wasn't a swimming workout type to use.
    You can manually take the notes and build a workout, which is a little bit of work but the end result will be fine. But ideally Garmin will just tell somebody to spend 2 hours fixing the triathlon plans.
  • Garmin,
    Please update the triathlon training programs so that the swim workouts are added as workouts rather than just notes. No one wants to go in and manually add them all. It would take each of us a couple of hours versus you just doing it once.

• Found the answer in another thread. Credit to : PaulDN81

"That is exactly it, the tri training plans were created before swim workouts were supported. If you want to add them to your training plan as workouts you will need to create those workouts yourself using the note as a guide and put them on your calendar. It will ask if you want to add them to the training plan."
  • I just added an Olympic tri plan and had the same issue. (I actually need a Half Ironman distance but it isn't available for reasons unknown). I researched it and found this thread and that the problem with swim workouts appearing as "notes" is 5 years old. How is it that a company with this much profitability and such a high wearables market share ignores its customers for so many years? No wonder so many just transmit the native data to other platforms to utilize it effectively.
  • Couple things to keep in mind here.

1) The training plans, while offered (for free) by Garmin natively, are not made by Garmin. They were made by another company and provided to Garmin as it says on the bottom of the plans.

2) Swim workouts are the newest thing and the least supported aspect in the entire Garmin ecosystem.

I am just super happy they finally allow you make swim workouts at all. Hopefully in the near future they will finally have adaptive coaching for all levels of running and maybe even incorporate some of that into the triathlon world. For now, you might be better off going to Training Peaks and buying a good Half-Ironman distance training plan. You'll have to pay for it, but it is well worth it. You can still do all the same things with run and bike workouts that you can do on Garmin Connect and you can use them in the Training Peaks app on your device. The swim workouts will not have any more functionality and you will still need to build them in Connect, but at least they will be a half-distance workout.
  • Still the same problem on the Forerunner 945 tri watch! Understand the plans were produced by a 3rd party but we pay a premium for our devices and it’s a shame that in more than 5 years no action has been taken. 

• same here ! wait fix !!