This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Swim keeps resetting and now won't allow pool size to be input correctly

My 15 month old Garmin Swim is on the blink. It keeps resetting itself at random times and it is not not allowing me to input the pool size rendering it quite useless. When I select 50M pool, it says pool size 0 selected. Further, the blue swim button is no longer bringing me into the swim function. any thoughts?
  • I'm having the same problem. Unable to set pool size - 0 meters!!!

Any solution ?
  • Amazing and dissapointing, dealing with the same problem? Garmin did not answer anything yet?
  • I?m affected for this error too :@
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    Had the same issue this morning after a battery change. Deleting the swim history seems to have fixed it for me. Hopefully that works for others too.
  • I’ve been having this issue - Garmin Swim randomly resetting itself - for several months and before that I kept having the Session File Error issue during my swims. I had to replace the battery every 3-4 months which always temporarily solved the session file error (clearing memory never worked as suggested in another thread). I had gotten so frustrated that I switched to my Garmin 910xt for lap swimming (overkill). Last week, I picked up my lonely Garmin Swim discarded in a corner after about two weeks of random resets both during and after workouts. I popped the back off in a last-ditch effort to check for something, anything,... I noticed that there are three little metal tabs on the back and two of them were sticking up more that the other one. I used a screwdriver to bend them all “more” upwards and put the back on. That was a week ago and since then, I’ve not had a single problem with my Garmin Swim. No more random resets and my latest workouts have been stored without session file errors.

I hope this helps at least one person who is having issues with the swim watch.
  • I’ve been having this issue - Garmin Swim randomly resetting itself - for several months and before that I kept having the Session File Error issue during my swims. I had to replace the battery every 3-4 months which always temporarily solved the session file error (clearing memory never worked as suggested in another thread). I had gotten so frustrated that I switched to my Garmin 910xt for lap swimming (overkill). Last week, I picked up my lonely Garmin Swim discarded in a corner after about two weeks of random resets both during and after workouts. I popped the back off in a last-ditch effort to check for something, anything,... I noticed that there are three little metal tabs on the back and two of them were sticking up more that the other one. I used a screwdriver to bend them all “more” upwards and put the back on. That was a week ago and since then, I’ve not had a single problem with my Garmin Swim. No more random resets and my latest workouts have been stored without session file errors.

I hope this helps at least one person who is having issues with the swim watch.

I have done this some adjustment accidentally, and after factory reset it helped..
  • Had the same pool size 0 issiue. Since the old battery was empty i changed it. Then this problem started. 

After some research i found out, that there might be differences between the battery manufacterors.

So i ordered the exact same battery i had in the first place, and it did the job. Problem solved.

The battery i ordered was the one from Maxell CR 2032

www.amazon.de/.../ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

• I have this issue that the pool size is set at 0, whatever size I choose, even custom. I have tried every tips on that discussion but nothing has worked so far (reset, replace battery, sync, bend the little tabs, ...). This completely prevents me from using the watch which becomes useless.

Does anyone has a solution for this ? Many thanks

• I have this issue that the pool size is set at 0, whatever size I choose, even custom. I have tried every tips on that discussion but nothing has worked so far (reset, replace battery, sync, bend the little tabs, ...). This completely prevents me from using the watch which becomes useless.

Does anyone has a solution for this ? Many thanks

• +1

Same problem here. It started reseting sporadically, then pool size can be only adjusted at 0.