This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Swim stuck on CONNECT TO COMPUTER

My Swim seems to have got locked up. Here's what happened:

1. I updated Garmin Express to the latest version (3.0.3.0)

2. Garmin express recognized the swim and offered to update firmware from 3.40 to 3.60

3. I clicked "Update All"

4. Swim showed "Data Transfer" and Garmin express progress bars went OK, showing Success.

5. After a while, the watch emitted a beep and showed "Connect to Computer".

it is now stuck on this screen "CONNECT TO COMPUTER". If I turn on Garmin express, it will appear to sync. But I can't use the Swim. Whatever button I press it just beeps.
Garmin Express says "Your device software is up to date: Version 3.40", which is odd.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Image showing what I mean:
  • Please can you provide an update on when this will be resolved?
  • As suggested in the title of the thread, this post is for people whose Garmin Swim is stuck displaying "CONNECT TO COMPUTER".

The new version of Garmin Express is now available and we’ve re-published the software update. For PC, you need Garmin Express version 3.0.9.0, for Mac you need 3.0.6.0. To get the latest version of Garmin Express: 1) Open your current version of Garmin Express, 2) Click on the Settings gear-thing on the top right, 3) In the bottom box “About Garmin Express”, select “Check for Application Updates”. 4) Install the update.

Now, select your Garmin Swim from the drop-down box. Because the watch is in this strange half-updated state, Garmin Express may not show that there are updates available. If it does not, click “Check for Updates”. Follow the instructions to install the update.

Important note: We are posting this now to help out the users that are stuck on “Connect to Computer”. I would still recommend not updating firmware on a watch that is currently functioning until I post again to say that we've had sufficient time for soak testing.

Once again, we're very sorry for the frustration this has caused.
  • Thanks for the update ag_swims ...

Updated express to 3.0.9.0
    My Swim seemed to iterate through the syncing and update available a few times but eventually the Swim went to sleep.
    Once I'd woken it I was taken through the initial setup procedure (that might be because of my earlier attempts to reset the watch??)
    Express now shows the Swim Version 3.06 and reports Up to date.

So all's looking good for me.

Thanks again for picking this up and keeping us informed.
    cheers!
  • Still unable to get device off C to C - very, very frustrating.
    I have just installed GE 3.0.9.0, offers Garmin Swim Strings Update 2.80, click install and tells me there is an error with sync, ANT+ stick is connected, checked and double checked, what is the problem...........................help..................please!
  • Arg! Two suggestions:
    1) Computer restart. That is the best way to be sure Garmin Express fully closes and then restarts, thus ensuring you really are running the fully updated version.
    2) Try removing the ant stick and replacing it. In fact, I suggest removing it, restarting the computer, then putting the ANT stick back in.

Also, make sure you don't have ANT Agent running while you are trying to use Garmin Express.

Please post again if you remain stuck. And sorry for the slow response, I've been on vacation.
  • Is there a solution yet as I am thoroughly hacked off with not being able to use my watch, still diplaying "Connect to computer".
    I would like to return the watch for you to resolve or replace, please let me know what I should do next?
  • I'm sorry we've been unable to resolve the problem in this forum. I suggest you contact Product Support.

Garmin Product Support
    North America Support:
    US Toll Free: 1-800-800-1020
    Canada: 1-866-429-9296
    Mon–Thurs: 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
    Fri: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
    Central Time (closed holidays)

United Kingdom Support:
    Freephone from UK landline: 0808 238 0000
    Within UK: 0870 850 1242
    Outside UK: +44 870 850 1242

For other locales please visit: www.garmin.com/support for contact details
  • SaME THING HAPPENED TO ME :-(

• I'm like the same problem. Managed to solve?

• Here Win10, Decathlon ANT+ stick, Latest Garmin connect 7.8.1 and synced without issues.

Also tried on MacOs 10.15.7 with connect 7.9.1 all good with same ANT+ stick.