This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SPM info at Garmin Connect

Hi, our Garmin Swim captures our time and number of strokes per each length and therefore it calculates and indicates the stroke cycles per minute or SPM, talking about freestyle this SPM number x 2 will tell us a quite important parameter, our Strokes per Minute swimming, telling us our Stroke Rate. However, although this info could be easily brought to Garmin Connect, it is actually missing. Could it be possible to have this info also displayed on the Garmin Connect website??. Thanks in advance again. ;)
  • Thanks for the suggestion. You are right that this is easily computed. You can actually see stroke rate on the watch while you are swimming. Menu > Swimming > Custom Page > Add Page > number of fields > Interval or Last Length > Stroke Rate. Then when you are swimming you'll need to use the blue button to scroll to Page 5.
    I'll add it to the list of features we'd like to have on Garmin Connect too. One thing to note is that the watch is not currently smart enough to remove the streamlining phases when computing this.
  • Thanks a lot for adding it to your list of features to have on Garmin connect. ;-)
  • Thanks for the suggestion. You are right that this is easily computed. You can actually see stroke rate on the watch while you are swimming. Menu > Swimming > Custom Page > Add Page > number of fields > Interval or Last Length > Stroke Rate. Then when you are swimming you'll need to use the blue button to scroll to Page 5.
    I'll add it to the list of features we'd like to have on Garmin Connect too. One thing to note is that the watch is not currently smart enough to remove the streamlining phases when computing this.

Hi again ag_swim!, Any clue about when we could expect the next version of Garmin connect, hopefully with these little but easy changes?
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 9 years ago
    Hi ag_swims,

Any ETD for the SPM to be added into Garmin Connect for Garmin Swim's lap swim activity (overall and intervals)? This is a key info that tracks my improvement. Now I had to manually add the SPM into the description in order to track it.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, our Garmin Swim captures our time and number of strokes per each length and therefore it calculates and indicates the stroke cycles per minute or SPM, talking about freestyle this SPM number x 2 will tell us a quite important parameter, our Strokes per Minute swimming, telling us our Stroke Rate. However, although this info could be easily brought to Garmin Connect, it is actually missing. Could it be possible to have this info also displayed on the Garmin Connect website??. Thanks in advance again. ;)
  • I'm following the swim smooth program for improvement and it uses strokes per minute as a key part of improving speed. It would be great to see this on Garmin Connect. Thanks Rob
  • Hi. It's on the list for Garmin Connect.
  • Hi. It's on the list for Garmin Connect.

Thanks! Looks like it's now implemented in MODERN activity view. But it's disguised under "Avg Strokes" instead of "Stroke Rate". Here's how it looks like for my swim today. 29, 30, 32, 24 are the stroke rates of the four intervals accordingly.

In original activity view and Garmin Connect iPhone app, "Avg Strokes" column still shows the real average stroke counts.
  • 7 years passed, but still no SPM - shame on you, Garmin